Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The only time these two Next Gen stars played against each other was in Next Gen ATP Finals 2017 in Italy, which Medvedev won 24 43 43 42. But those 4-game sets are confusing and not indicative of how they perform in a regular matches (6-game sets).

This should have been the finals. Whoever wins this SF, I believe will win the title as well.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Amazing that Medvedev stands in a chance of winning four titles this season

·
Registered
14,499 Posts
I want Medvedev to win, and agree it truly is a blockbuster.
The two trailblazer boys of Russian tennis against each other in the Russian capital, what else a true tennis fan would want?

Just amazing.

·
10,276 Posts
This will be fascinating to see where both guys are and where their games will match up on fast courts. My immediate assumption would be Khachanov in 3, but Medvedev has been GOATing these past few weeks.

·
Registered
8,630 Posts
Would be a giant facepalm if the winner doesn't take the title after St. Petersburg failure. It's been 9 years since a Russian won home tournament.

·
Registered
491 Posts
The battle of the Russians! Karen in 2 tiebreak sets.

·
Registered
14,499 Posts
Would be a giant facepalm if the winner doesn't take the title after St. Petersburg failure. It's been 9 years since a Russian won home tournament.
You would think it's a fairly long time to not win even a 250, but after Davydenko there was a big draught even on the talent front, it seems in hindsight.

·
Registered
8,630 Posts
You would think it's a fairly long time to not win even a 250, but after Davydenko there was a big draught even on the talent front, it seems in hindsight.
Yep. It's especially glaring when you look at the winners of KK, which used to be dominated by Russians during first 20 years or so. It's time now. They have two players in top 30, both with multiple titles. It's time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts