Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Karlovic in 3

Votes: 7 21.9%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the second time these two will meet. Raonic won the first encounter in 2012.
Sadly, I think the servebot will win this one. :sad:

·
Premium Member
9,353 Posts
Could go either way. Hopefully Raonic pulls it off.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Karlbot going to give raonic a taste of his own medicine. Milos doesn't have the game to deal with him.

·
Bring it Home
21,030 Posts
As for the match, unless Raonic is still injured, he should win this match. Obviously nobody likes to play Karlovic, but it's not a bad matchup for him really.

I mean, it's very unlikely for Karlovic to break him and usually Raonic is a better TB player. Also, he's playing at home.

Raonic 7-6 7-6.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As for the match, unless Raonic is still injured, he should win this match. Obviously nobody likes to play Karlovic, but it's not a bad matchup for him really.

I mean, it's very unlikely for Karlovic to break him and usually Raonic is a better TB player. Also, he's playing at home.

Raonic 7-6 7-6.
Good points, but I have a feeling Raonic will be too rusty still.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
I think the key for both players winning this match is to serve well.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,849 Posts
7-6(25) 6-7(29) 7-6 (643)

Or something like that.
Karlovic sucks in TBs even so against 'normal' servers. I think Raonic has the edge there. But 3 TB sets, that could very well happen, like his match with Isner in Miami.

·
Premium Member
14,827 Posts
Depends on how Raonic is with his foot. He could still be a bit rusty, lacking match play, and having very limited match play since Monte Carlo.

Likely an all tie-break set affair here.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,849 Posts
It will be interesting. Both have huge serves but Raonic is a baseline player while Karlovic comes to the net. A different prospect for Milos to return.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts