Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Mayer

Votes: 11 61.1%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Chung cruised through quallies here and lost after tight match to Cilic in Washington. Mayer is decent HC player, lost to eventual champion Nishikori 6:4 6:4 previous week. I can see Chung winning first set but still losing in 3.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,569 Posts
Yeah I feel same way. Chung played pretty well facing Cilic. Mayer's serve will definitely keep him in and I think his experience should prevail, but knowing Chung's developing reputation, it could definitely go the distance.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Chung obliterated his comp in the qualifying, maybe that confidence will carry over into this match. I hope for Chung in 3. He's proven he can get it done at challengers and qualies, he's a proven top 70 player this year, now it's time for him to prove it at the masters.

·
Registered
672 Posts
It seems increasingly clear that Hyeon Chung is much, much more comfortable on hard court than either clay or grass and that he could be a real threat to the players outside the top 10 on hard court. I think Chung wins this match over Mayer in either two tight sets or in three sets.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts