Votes: 17 15.7%
  • Nadal in 3

Votes: 19 17.6%
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:devil:, The Dirtballer to actually step up his game 6-4 6-4 Nadal.

·
Premium Member
29,538 Posts
Re: WWW Montreal QF: [4] Nishikori vs. [7] Nadal

I smell roast.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts

Kei in 3.

·
Premium Member
12,076 Posts

Nishikori in 3. There is no other way.

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
Even if he's less than 100% Kei shouldn't be losing to 2015dal. Still, I expect some clowning, so Kei in 3.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Jason Goodall said there that he thinks Kei will win.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Tennis wins either way.

Kei in 3.

·
Premium Member
9,366 Posts

·
Registered
11,147 Posts
Match is on Kei's racket, but just watch how Nadal somehow wins due to pure luck and choking from Kei's end. There will be points were Nishikori has complete control of the rally and screws up easy shots. :eek:

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Nah, Rafa has this in the bag. He's finally starting to find form, and has been looking better and better. His volleys, dropshots, passing shots are all coming back brilliantly.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,927 Posts
Match is on Kei's racket, but just watch how Nadal somehow wins due to pure luck and choking from Kei's end. There will be points were Nishikori has complete control of the rally and screws up easy shots. :eek:
Look on the other end. For every screwed shot Nishikori does, Nadal could make 2-3 more. And every break Nadal gets, Nishikori could secure more unless Nadal serves really well - his games went to deuce a lot against Youzhny. It ain't AO2014. There, Nishikori didn't have belief that he could beat Nadal. Still did nicely in the straight set loss 7-6 7-5 7-6. Madrid was huge for Nishikori's belief, just physically he was unwell. Imagine if Kei was fully fit that match. So now, Kei's been to a USO F and not only that has not dropped his ranking since then, and hopefully this cements his belief in his game. It will be interesting to see whether Nadal tries to play more aggressive this time. Unlikely though if he's being forced back by Nishikori on the baseline. But you're right, he'll have some nerves, but not more so than for any other player.

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
Nishikori from a set down.

·
Registered
8,527 Posts
Actually wouldn't surprise me if Nadal came through this. Nishikori might be getting tired/close to an injury after his Washington run and he'll need to do a fair bit of grinding here.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
Nadal actually played pretty well against Youzhney and I wasn't convinced by the bits I saw of Kei against Goffin. bear in mind Nishikori has a tendency to physically break down when plays a lot too, and he just won Washington

I'm picking Nadal in 2

oddly enough I think its possible this season that Nadal will be playing better and PREFER hardcourts over clay (which he did poorly on for various reason)

1 - 20 of 100 Posts