• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A match between two contrasting styles.

Ferrer is your classical clay-courter. Excellent defense that's almost impossible to hit through. Still, despite not having the most firepower, he tries to dominate rallies.

Wawrinka, on the other hand, is your modern clay-courter. Just like the likes of Söderling and DelPo, he is a power-hitter. He doesn't have the defense of Ferrer but he doesn't need it as he can keep his opponents from attacking with his heavy groundstrokes. Even though clay is the slowest surface, he enjoys to play on it. He has more time for his shots plus he's one of those rare players who has the power hit through on clay.

Both players have played well this week but I think Ferrer has been more impressive. That's why my pick is Ferrer in 3. But I like both players and am fine with any result. Hopefully it'll be a long match so we can enjoy it more. I'll just sit back and have a beer or something.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Wawrinka and easily.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Ferrer in 2.

He's not going to lose to Wawrinka after beating the King of Clay.

C'mon Ferru!

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
be interesting to see how david follows up his win over nadal. Im think david uses the momentum to get to the final, maybe even win it all

·
Registered
7,823 Posts
What a blockbuster!

Really don't know who to root for here. Heart wants Ferrer a little bit because of what he did today and because it's been a while. But I also want Federer to be #4 at RG, and if Djokovic reaches final Stan is more likely to win than Ferru.

Oh well, I'll just watch :)

My prediction is Ferrer in 2.

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts
Stanimal in 2, come on.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts