Mens Tennis Forums banner

WWW?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Bring it Home
20,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
H2H 1-1, both matches on hard courts in 2013.

Fognini routined (6-3 6-1) a tired Dimitrov in Sidney, one day after Dimitrov's 1st final in Brisbane.

The other match was a strange 3 setter (6-3, 5-7 6-1) in Bercy, with Dimitrov winning a match with 14 breaks of serve, in which looks liked the italian faked injury a set and a break down and managed to disturb the bulgarian concentration.

I think the match being on clay favors Fognini, also he played an easy match Monday and Dimitrov played a tough match today.

I think Dimitrov can win this match if he plays like today though. Fognini won't fight as hard as Verdasco because he's not like that, he's either winning easily against a tired Grigor like in Sidney or he'll probably lose.

·
Premium Member
14,827 Posts
H2H 1-1, both matches on hard courts in 2013.

Fognini routined (6-3 6-1) a tired Dimitrov in Sidney, one day after Dimitrov's 1st final in Brisbane.

The other match was a strange 3 setter (6-3, 5-7 6-1) in Bercy, with Dimitrov winning a match with 14 breaks of serve, in which looks liked the italian faked injury a set and a break down and managed to disturb the bulgarian concentration.

I think the match being on clay favors Fognini, also he played an easy match Monday and Dimitrov played a tough match today.

I think Dimitrov can win this match if he plays like today though. Fognini won't fight as hard as Verdasco because he's not like that, he's either winning easily against a tired Grigor like in Sidney or he'll probably lose.
So Fognini beat 'tired Dimitrov'. and Dimitrov beat Clownini.

This match will all depend on which Fognini shows up. Serious and it his, Clownini and Dimitrov continues on.

·
Banned
923 Posts
This match will redefine tennis as we know it

Reactions: Beta2k

·
Premium Member
29,533 Posts
Skill wise, not much separate these two actually.
Motivation wise, it's an ocean.

·
Bring it Home
20,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So Fognini beat 'tired Dimitrov'. and Dimitrov beat Clownini.

This match will all depend on which Fognini shows up. Serious and it his, Clownini and Dimitrov continues on.
Played against Raonic on Thursday, Melzer on Friday, Baghdatis on Saturday (tough 3 setter), Murray on Sunday (tough 2 setter) and Fognini on early Tuesday.

He was tired. :shrug:

·
Registered
70,519 Posts
fognini please

Reactions: SHOKAN

·
Premium Member
9,299 Posts
Played against Raonic on Thursday, Melzer on Friday, Baghdatis on Saturday (tough 3 setter), Murray on Sunday (tough 2 setter) and Fognini on early Tuesday.

He was tired. :shrug:
That poor little guy :sad::sad:

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Fognini showed his intentions during the first match, he'll win here on his beloved clay.

·
Registered
21,283 Posts
Fognini is a more talented claycourter, he'll take this.

·
Mostly unbiased analyst
3,982 Posts
If Fognini clows then anything could happen

If he plays seriously then Fabio in two easy sets

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Fognini is the better clay court player but the question remains, which version of fognini will show up. if he played seriously then him in 2 easy sets.

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
Fognini slight fave on paper.

Mental battle this one and i think Grigor is very, very motivated at the moment, so i'm pretty sure he'll fight till the very last second of it.

And his defensive skills are getting better and better...not Fognini's favorite kind of match up i think.

3 sets, wishfully Grigor.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Please, Fabio, send him back to Bulgaria.

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
Fognini is better player on clay. His movement on clay are perfect.
But we do not know which Fognini would come on court. IMO Fognini is bit more serious when he plays in Monte Carlo.

·
Premium Member
9,299 Posts
Fognini better save tennis from the disgusting pusher from Askaban.

·
Registered
20,731 Posts
Fognini would be a reasonable sized fav, except you have to account for about 20% chance he can't be bothered on the day and tanks the match, and another 20% he gets annoyed at a linecall, or the crowd, or himself, or the colour of the clouds ........ and tanks the match.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts