Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thiem is a heavy favourite with the bookies here and had what is hopefully a confidence boosting tournament in Miami.

I've not seen Pouille play but he beat Ramos-Vinolas 6-3 6-2 in Auckland this year and has played predominantly on clay in his career so far.

Thoughts on the two 21 year olds, MTF?

·
Premium Member
29,533 Posts
Dom in 2

·
Registered
11,537 Posts
Thiem is a heavy favourite with the bookies here and had what is hopefully a confidence boosting tournament in Miami.

I've not seen Pouille play but he beat Ramos-Vinolas 6-3 6-2 in Auckland this year and has played predominantly on clay in his career so far.

Thoughts on the two 21 year olds, MTF?
1-3 career clay record on ATP :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1-3 career clay record on ATP :rolleyes:

Prior to this year, he's played 101 matches on clay and he's played 93 matches on a hard court.

Unless you're unaware of the definition of predominantly?

·
Registered
70,519 Posts
thiem will beat lucas. this is clay after all

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Easy for Thiem. He will make Rafa scary, this match shouldn`t be problem for him.

·
Registered
21,283 Posts
Thiem's natural game is very well suited for clay and he has far more firepower so he's easily the favourite.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Thiem in 2

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
The Dominator in 2 to set a R2 clash with Rafa. Can't wait to see what he has learned from their last meeting.

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts

·
Registered
10,343 Posts
Pouille didn't have the best preparation for this match, playing on indoor hard and losing to Mahut on Saturday. So Thiem is the clear favourite.

·
Bring it Home
20,712 Posts
Both are very talented shotmakers.

I like Thiem more.

The winner of this match will have a chance to save tennis in R2.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts