Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Klizan

Votes: 4 28.6%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Klizan just won a title in Casablanca so I presume he will not be fresh enough to make it through Troicki who is better player than all players that he played on his road to title in Marocco combined. Troicki after couple games with Klizan retiring.

·
Banned
70,519 Posts
klizan in 2 hopefully

·
Registered
795 Posts
Klizan just won a title in Casablanca so I presume he will not be fresh enough to make it through Troicki who is better player than all players that he played on his road to title in Marocco combined. Troicki after couple games with Klizan retiring.
:eek: Almagro would beat Troicki in 2 easy sets on the clay.. Tired Klizan vs Troicki though.. Can go both ways but Klizan didn´t really play that brutally long matches in Casablanca except of that Brown one, of course. It really depends if he´s 100% here. If he´s, then he should beat Troicki.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:eek: Almagro would beat Troicki in 2 easy sets on the clay.. Tired Klizan vs Troicki though.. Can go both ways but Klizan didn´t really play that brutally long matches in Casablanca except of that Brown one, of course. It really depends if he´s 100% here. If he´s, then he should beat Troicki.
Almagro is still on his way back from injury. Troicki has this part over him.

·
Registered
11,198 Posts
Viktor defeated Martin two times on hard after returning from suspension.

While on paper Klizan seems to be a better overall player, the matchup favors Viktor. Clay shouldn't make that big difference to turn the tables around.

·
Bring it Home
20,500 Posts
Klizan will probably be too tired.

So, I'm afraid tennis will lose here. :shrug:

·
Registered
795 Posts
Almagro is still on his way back from injury. Troicki has this part over him.
Almagro, while still not playing at 100% of his potential, is already a favorite over Troicki on the clay in my books. He was able to kill Robredo 6-3, 6-2 on the clay just month+ ago, same with Ramos, Berlocq etc. Those are some decent results and performances from Almagro. He lost some really close matches(Cuevas x2, Monaco) but he´s already very competitive. You said that the combined abilities of Klizans opponents in Morocco don´t equal a quality of Troicki which is clearly wrong because Almagro is already playing at least on the same level as Troicki is, if not better.

Also, when we are comparing peak Almagro with peak Troicki (seems to be the case in your comment) then keep in mind that Almagro is twice the player that Troicki is. Not even close in terms of talent.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Heart says Troicki (deserves a break after unjust and inappropriate harsh sentence), head says Klizan who is in good form, after giving a decent resistance to the #1.

·
Registered
10,663 Posts
Klizan just played 4 matches and his last one was pretty short.
Casablanca is close to Monte Carlo, and he had one day's rest.
I don't think he will be too tired and if he plays a decent match I think he will win.
He is pretty up and down though, so I think the outcome of this match depends on him.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts