Mens Tennis Forums banner

WWW Monte Carlo QF: (5) Ferrer - (3) Nadal?

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
It is logical that Nadal loses based on their level.
If he wins then he'd probably topspinned and moonballed his way to victory.

·
The Last Mohican
24,824 Posts
Mmmmmmm... beatdown is coming boys. David is going to kick some ass here. Na dull can't even hit shots faster than 130km, so David is going to overpower him easily. Last Mohican is going to spank those weak serves. Beautiful. Maybe it wasn't such a bad thing for Isner to lose after all.

Daveeeeeeeeed is going to crush Na dull. Mmmm I can't wait. Poor Na dull doesn't know what David has in store for him. He may just embarrass the guy. Embarrass him into another chasm of despair. (awwww :sad: :sad :sad:)

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
The only question is when will Daveed decide to give up?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Mmmmmmm... beatdown is coming boys. David is going to kick some ass here. Na dull can't even hit shots faster than 130km, so David is going to overpower him easily. Last Mohican is going to spank those weak serves. Beautiful. Maybe it wasn't such a bad thing for Isner to lose after all.

Daveeeeeeeeed is going to crush Na dull. Mmmm I can't wait. Poor Na dull doesn't know what David has in store for him. He may just embarrass the guy. Embarrass him into another chasm of despair. (awwww :sad: :sad :sad:)
Too much time in your mommy's basement ended killing your last brain-cells..

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
Nadal in 2. Feels like his tough match against Isner brought back the intensity he needs to sustain consistent play again since RG 2014.

Reminds me of Berdych AO 2012 encounter which led to his resurgence again after suffering mentally post FO 2011 of his consecutive losses to Djokovic.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
14,426 Posts
At the end i can count with my hand how many times has Djokovic beat Nadal on clay :shrug:
Exactly 4 times. More than any other player in tennis history.
Gaudio is second with 3, Federer and Ferrer have two wins each ...

If Nadal manages to reach later stages of the clay tournaments this season, you will need your other hand as well to count them :wavey:

·
Super Moderator
22,695 Posts
Last year I remember Nadal made about 40+ UEs and still ended with pretty close scoreline, despite loss.
This year Rafa seems to be much careful and limited his UEs in Monte Carlo to really low values. I'm not sure if this is his intention or he still doesn't feel confident with his game. This will be good opportunity to find out.
On the other hand, Ferrer seems to plays better tennis this year than he played last year, while Nadal still has to be considered in 'question mark' category. So Ferrer's win won't surprise me.
The main reason why their match last was close in terms of their scoreline was because of Ferrer's mental midgetry, which is something we should expect from him tonight if he is ahead.

In any case, I wouldn't be surprised with a Ferrer win, but I feel Nadal will take this, he looks better in MC, more confident. Last year's match was just one match, that's not the norm. Should be interesting.

:spit:

You reasoning is that Nadal can ? :superlol:
More likely than Ferrer tbf.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts