Mens Tennis Forums banner

WWW Monte Carlo QF: (5) Ferrer - (3) Nadal?

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
I think Nadal will take this one. Ferrer/Simon was a brutal match physically, it's bound to have taken a lot out of Ferrer. If he does manage to recover though, then the match could get interesting - he's certainly going to have chances on return.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Either Ferrer in easy 2 or Nadal in tough 3 (or a very tough 2 with a choking tie break).
Either way tennis wins.. two of the most talented players on tour to face eachother, quality tennis guaranteed.. :worship:

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I don't know. It seems more likely for Ferrer in two sets. Nadal is too old nowadays for those kind of matches against top 10 players. And after two upsets now the odds are definitely in Ferrer's direction.

·
Registered
23,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I don't know. It seems more likely for Ferrer in two sets. Nadal is too old nowadays for those kind of matches against top 10 players. And after two upsets now the odds are definitely in Ferrer's direction.
28 year old Nadal versus 33 year old Ferrer :haha:

·
Registered
70,519 Posts
please nadal take this!

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
This match with be a real test for Nadal, his current form will be shown. Nadal in 3 IMO.

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Last year I remember Nadal made about 40+ UEs and still ended with pretty close scoreline, despite loss.
This year Rafa seems to be much careful and limited his UEs in Monte Carlo to really low values. I'm not sure if this is his intention or he still doesn't feel confident with his game. This will be good opportunity to find out.
On the other hand, Ferrer seems to plays better tennis this year than he played last year, while Nadal still has to be considered in 'question mark' category. So Ferrer's win won't surprise me.

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
Ferrer will win without much difficulty. If he hadn't beaten him last year I'd be doubting, but without the pressure of losing against him of clay constantly I think he will do it, he's playing great this year and Nadal was struggling to win rallies against Isner of all people.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Rafa will find a way to win in 3 again. We haven't seen the Rafole matchup in almost a year so it's about fricking time.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Where is the "tennis will lose either way"-option?

·
Premium Member
29,796 Posts
Where is the "tennis will lose either way"-option?
That Dutch guy (OP) is a Ferrer fan, this explains that.

Really difficult to predict, even knowing both player's form.
Nadal may pump up himself to play at his limits which he hasn't really done so far in this clay season, he played more safely which resulted in close matches or losses like against Fognini in Rio.
If he finally will summon it then Ferrer has little chance. Yeah, I remember he held up extremely well in the longer rallies last year here, but it will be more of who is the more clutch player on the day.
And 70% that it might be Nadal...

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Battle of the thugs. Ferrer will bend over for Dull as usual. Whenever he ignores Toni's orders, he gets told off no?

·
Premium Member
29,714 Posts
Ferrer to win the first set, but then fold after losing a tight second set and lose in 3.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts