Mens Tennis Forums banner

WWW? Monte Carlo

61 - 80 of 142 Posts

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
Yeah Nadal beat Murray at last year's Monte Carlo, and that was Murray's best clay season.
Nadal is a huge favorite should they meet again here, given that Nadal is better this year, and Murray is worse.

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
Nadal has made 3 hardcourt finals this year, and his only early exit was Indian Wells (but it was Federer).
So Nadal's consistency is 2nd best in the world, only Federer has been more consistent.

Rafa has very easy draws to get to Final' . It looks like Fed had hard courts and Murray and Djokovic have clay courts. You could be sure that nothing is wrong with them. IMO even Wawrinka will show something more on clay . Just to show some competition to Nadal on clay.

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
Rafa has very easy draws to get to Final' . It looks like Fed had hard courts and Murray and Djokovic have clay courts. You could be sure that nothing is wrong with them. IMO even Wawrinka will show something more on clay . Just to show some competition to Nadal on clay.
Murray couldn't even beat Nadal at last year's Monte Carlo, and last year's Nadal was not as confident nor as sharp as this year's Nadal.
While Murray looks like a lost puppy dog this year, probably because he can't handle being a knight.
All he had to do was reject the knighthood or postpone it until his retirement, but instead his ego got the better of him, and now he must pay a gigantic price.

·
Registered
6,865 Posts
Just noticed that we have PCB-Fognini yet again :lol:4th time in half a year, Fognini's becoming a turkey at this rate.

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
Re: Draw ceremony MC

No Vesely- Djokovic round 2. :sad:
Nole can lose to anybody nowadays. So anything can happen.

The draw is what it is ... easy, difficult, whatever. It depends how you see it or who yuu support. People, stop complaining about the draws. It is so stupid.

MC is one of my favorite tournaments. Looking forward to it. I've been busy with so many things but I will not miss MC this year :)

·
27,142 Posts
From what I see in the draw, SF does seem possible. I'm actually still concerned about M. Zverev because he lost against him the last time they met in Basel, but you would think clay would make Stan be more comfortable if he does use S&V (and Mischa hasn't been winning much lately). R16 (a.k.a. "Round of Doom" :lol:) actually seems to have players he's comfortable to play against, maybe except Funky Flo potentially who can do crazy things when on song. QF should be harder on paper but for some reason he's always fired up playing Tsonga. SF is a big test, and if Murray isn't in the form he has last year on clay (and remember, he almost lost to Paire early here last year), I think he should be able to win this time, and see how he does potentially against Nadal or Djokovic (or maybe "Undefeated Clay Courter" Thiem :lol:) in the Final.

Thiem has to show up. Can he do it? I hope so. His coach is very confident, talking shit like "Thiem can beat everybody" and "Thiem is better than last year". I kind of like that confidence, but the truth will come up on the tennis court.
What is the source of those quotes? Bresnik has been majorly depreciating of Thiem's potential, so this is out of character for him to say.

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
Murray couldn't even beat Nadal at last year's Monte Carlo, and last year's Nadal was not as confident nor as sharp as this year's Nadal.
While Murray looks like a lost puppy dog this year, probably because he can't handle being a knight.
All he had to do was reject the knighthood or postpone it until his retirement, but instead his ego got the better of him, and now he must pay a gigantic price.

Lol. Everything could change very fast . Last year was for last year. Nadal is not the same as you think. Murray will up his game . Some are "injured" but they are not. They keep his cards for FO or Wimbledon or after Wimbledon. As Wawrinka did not show anything just before FO when he won it. I will not be surprised if Monfils and Federer is training . If Fed plays FO he will train very hard . As Mahut said if he plays FO he would like to win it. IMO Murray does know many things.

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Monte Carlo is the event most likely to be upgraded to slam status, so technically Nadal currently has 23 slams.
This is sig-worthy stuff! :worship:

Reactions: redshift

·
Premium Member
7,934 Posts
This is going to be such an entertaining Masters to watch. So many good matches on the horizon.

Really looking forward to see the current state of both Novak and Andy. And how they will perform against Rafa, should they cross paths.

Reactions: Meles

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
No one cares about the whole Masters set, but I'm rooting for Murray to get it. Just remember that as recent as 2005, winning 4 Masters in a season was an open-era record. People really did not give a shit about these tournaments. 17 was the record set by Agassi. That was back when quite a few Masters and 250/500s had Bo5 finals.

·
Registered
8,766 Posts
Yeah Nadal beat Murray at last year's Monte Carlo, and that was Murray's best clay season.
Nadal is a huge favorite should they meet again here, given that Nadal is better this year, and Murray is worse.
I doubt Murray will reach the final to meet RAFA here even with this cakewalk draw. From what I saw he is still having elbow issues and someone like Stan will take him out in SF irrespective of Murray's condition.

That's why I said the SF is the real final. The top half is literally vacuum...

Reactions: Meles
61 - 80 of 142 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.