Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who will win this second round match in Miami?

• Berdych in 2

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Mahut in 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Berdych in 3

• Mahut in 3

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Marathon Man Mahut is the man who took out Fernando Gonzalez in his last career match in a third set tiebreak thriller on Wednesday night. Berdych had been having a very solid, consistent season before being destroyed by Almagro last week in the third round of Indian Wells, eating a bagel in the second set.

Berdych has lost to Nadal twice, Djokovic and Roddick here the last four seasons, making the finals in 2010 and semis in 2008 and playing a very competitive match with Rafa last season in the QF. Overall he has a 16-7 record at this event and a 3-0 H2H over Mahut, defeating earlier this season in the Montpellier QF 6-3 6-4.

Can Nicolas turn around the H2H here and play as well as he *supposedly* did vs Gonzo in R1 to upset Berdych? Or will Tomas continue his winning ways in Miami and stretch his advantage vs Mahut to 4-0? Personally, I smell an upset on the card potentially, if Nicolas serves well. The match vs Gonzalez will help him with his confidence and players playing their first event of a tournament vs their opponents having already played matches at the event is something the underdog takes advantage of often. I expect a Berdych win but I don't think it will be as routine as some would expect.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Berdshit in 2. Mahut has no chance whatsoever.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts