Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who will win this second round match in Miami?

• Stepanek in 2

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Haas in 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stepanek in 3

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Haas in 3

Votes: 6 50.0%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
H2H is even at 2 all. The two have split their meetings on hardcourt-----Tommy winning in straights in Dubai in 2007, and Radek winning in three over Haas in Montreal in 2008. Tommy had a health scare in Dallas last week where he withdrew after tweaking his back in warm-ups before the SF, but he's apparently healthy enough to participate here. This is a de-facto home event for Tommy as he has trained at the Bollettieri academy since 13 and has a residence in south Florida. Stepanek has a 16-8 record in Miami and had won at least two matches every season at the event until last season, where he lost to Federer in R2.

Tommy has shown signs the past few weeks of returning to life on court and has shown signs of his previous level of play, overall playing the best tennis since his latest comeback. His form is probably better than Stepanek's right now, and I think his motivation levels are high. Straight sets win for Tommy on the cards here.

·
Registered
27,317 Posts
Are they going to play chess or have a knit off? This detail is important when determining who is likely to win.

Ajde.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts

·
Registered
13,526 Posts
Hass has to see you strip in front of him to get himself back into form ;)
:hearts: I don't love him enough to do that, unfortunately. But he was inspired at his first round AO match when he looked straight at me for two seconds. That was why he won. :angel:

I thought you would be cheering for Haas to win :confused:

Ajde :sad:
:ras: Clearly your idea of beauty is beyond warped!

·
Registered
13,526 Posts

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
:hearts: I don't love him enough to do that, unfortunately. But he was inspired at his first round AO match when he looked straight at me for two seconds. That was why he won. :angel:
He so wants that delicious leng lui, I can tell ;).

Anyways...after viewing H=L's image....there's a change of plan. Strip towards Sexy instead.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Haasi will continue on his merry way, a slow climb back to some semblance or form before his next inevitable injury issue TT

1 - 18 of 18 Posts