Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who will win this second round match in Miami?

• Nishikori in 2

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Lacko in 2

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Nishikori in 3

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Lacko in 3

Votes: 2 10.5%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is essentially a de-facto home event for Kei, given he trains in Bradenton, Florida at the Bollettieri academy and has been based there since 14 years old. Kei made the QF of the Australian Open, but outside of that has been mostly unimpressive this season. Lacko made the QF of Dallas last week and has had a great season thus far with an 8-4 ATP record moving his ranking from #119 in mid January to his current provisional ranking of #67.

The crowd support will all be for Kei here. He's the favorite to win, but Lacko has the weapons to hurt Nishikori's serve and dictate play from the baseline. Still, I'm picking Kei to win in straights. Should be motivated here and he's due for another good performance.

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
Hopefully Nishi can stop sucking.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I don´t know what to expect from Nishikori, but hoping for good Lacko´s effort and his win, in 2, in 3 doesn´t matter.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Lacko has better weapons off the ground IMO. If he has one of those days where he doesn't miss, I just can't see Goku winning this.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Super Saiyan Kei

·
12,691 Posts
Lacko has better weapons off the ground IMO. If he has one of those days where he doesn't miss, I just can't see Goku winning this.
Agree. Lacko hits way harder/bigger than Kei and when he is ON and mentally stable, he can be tough player to deal with. Lacko has a better FH but Kei has a better BH. Luckily for Kei, Lacko's ROS sucks which means he won't get pushed much on his serves games.

I love both players but i like Lukas more because of his beautiful tennis. He is one of the most enjoyable players to watch for me. He is having a good year so far and i really hope he breaks the top 40/30 this year.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Lacko in 2

1 - 11 of 11 Posts