Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who will win this first round match in Miami?

• Haase in 2

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Matosevic in 2

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Haase in 3

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Matosevic in 3

Votes: 7 35.0%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Matosevic is in hot form, having won 15 of his last 17 matches overall, and playing a very competitive match with Del Potro in Indian Wells after qualifying and winning his first round match, earning a wildcard into this event for his efforts. Haase made the QF of Dallas last week beating Kamke and Mayer in straight sets before losing to Phau. Both of these guys like to hit the ball hard from the baseline, have serves that can be very vulnerable, and are questionable mentally.

Match will come down to who serves best, IMO. I'm going to say it's Matosevic and he wins in straights.

·
♤23♤
32,996 Posts
Let's see. Similar players game-wise with one of them being in the form of his life and full of confidence, and the other one being Haase. Close call.

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
I voted for Matosevic, because what I saw from Haase recently, didn't surprised me at all.

·
Registered
22,565 Posts
Roowbin to serve for the first set and lose (double fault on set point is expected) and lose the second set after being a break up.

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
No way Haase is winning this, what he showed this year so far is far below the level of an almost top 50 player.

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
Should be as easy for Marinko as scoring pussy.

·
Banned
1,073 Posts
If Haase can play with 20% of what he is able to play, he will win without any problems.Matosevic is the worst player i have ever seen,just an overhyped loser

1 - 17 of 17 Posts