• Rogie in 3

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,104 Posts
Huge match for tennis and Federer.
On paper Federer is the overwhelming favorite. But when the stakes are this high, anything can happen.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Obviously you can always lose to Anderson in two TBs. However, he seems not in his best form and won only 70-75% of his first serves against Munar, Sousa and Thompson. That would not be sufficient against Federer.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Obviously you can always lose to Anderson in two TBs. However, he seems not in his best form and won only 70-75% of his first serves against Munar, Sousa and Thompson. That would not be sufficient against Federer.
On this court, 70-75% maybe high enough.

Prediction, Federer takes this in 2 sets.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Anybody seen playing Anderson well in this tournament? I heard rumours about him still struggling with injury. But how is his game? Is this even close to 2018 level?

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Anderson hasn't even been dominant on serve this week. Don't give him any chance here. Sigh.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Federer's MO in this period of his career has been to play a few matches in a tournament and seem to play himself into something approaching tournament-winning form before the loss against a decent player (often top tenner) he is expected to beat.

I'm also not convinced after going deep in the last tournament and having the delayed match here he'll be full of beans - might be fatigued and get worn down.

Anderson in 3.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Federer's MO in this period of his career has been to play a few matches in a tournament and seem to play himself into something approaching tournament-winning form before the loss against a decent player (often top tenner) he is expected to beat.

I'm also not convinced after going deep in the last tournament and having the delayed match here he'll be full of beans - might be fatigued and get worn down.

Anderson in 3.
Fatigued? After a 1-hour-Match? Don’t be ridiculous...

·
Banned
584 Posts
Should be a win for Federer, but who knows. He tends to freefall out of nowhere in some patches and against Ando it might cost.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Anderson should have lost the only match he won against Federer as well so it's up to the Swiss of course. At this stage of Roger's career, he will probably have some fluke losses, but if so, I'd rather see players like Tsitsipas, Zverev, Tiafoe or Shapovalov advancing to the next round. Not Anderson who reminds me of a slightly more entertaining version of Cilic.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts