Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Marin sucked at the net today but got the job done.

·
Registered
8,381 Posts
Cilic was in USO mode after 4-5 SP.
Tsonga was trying in TB, but Cilic was too lucky.

·
23,528 Posts
Nice result by Cilic. Didn't expect this, especially last year he was bagelled and breadstick by Stan. Can't believe he now has a better record here than he had during the March Masters. Call me crazy but maybe he has a chance to win this. :lol:

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
The TB was great, but Cilic just totally unplayable on serve. :sad:
Also the two points Tsonga lost on his serve in the TB were unlucky, especially the MP...

·
Registered
18,097 Posts
Good match, Tsonga had a chance to take it to 3 but made a terrible error on set point and then Cilic got pretty lucky on his own set/match point.

Hopefully Cilic can win tomorrow and make his first Masters SF but it won't be easy against Djokovic to put it mildly...

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Tsonga looked pissed at the end. :hug:
It's normal though, there's nothing more frustrating for a tennis player (at least it's my personal feeling) than to run as fast as you can towards the net to barely get the ball in play before getting easily passed. Not to mention it was a match point... :lol:

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Good match, Tsonga had a chance to take it to 3 but made a terrible error on set point and then Cilic got pretty lucky on his own set/match point.

Hopefully Cilic can win tomorrow and make his first Masters SF but it won't be easy against Djokovic to put it mildly...
Similar to the match against Monfils at Miami.

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
Nice result by Cilic. Didn't expect this, especially last year he was bagelled and breadstick by Stan. Can't believe he now has a better record here than he had during the March Masters. Call me crazy but maybe he has a chance to win this. :lol:
He was always terrible at IW/Miami duo, not just after a long layoff. Clay is actually better for him, even slow MC clay.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Surprisingly well played by Čilić, at least in the offensive part of his game. Played pretty good until the 2nd part of second set after which Tsonga picked up.

What wasn't as good was his movement, seems he gained some weight and was easily wrong footed. His defensive game is still lacking compered to US Open.

For Tsonga it's same old really, bad backhand and missed opportunities when he could won that 2nd set.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Very disappointing by Tsonga. Expected better from him. He should not be losing to players like Cilic on clay.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Fortunate to draw a couple of players not at full fitness themselves but decent tournament from Cilic after injury.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
The TB was great, but Cilic just totally unplayable on serve. :sad:
Also the two points Tsonga lost on his serve in the TB were unlucky, especially the MP...
I don't get it, its the 2nd time someone called luck on that one. Tsonga's 2nd serve was most likely out, + had a shank that ended on the edge of the line during the rally, how is that unlucky?

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Mysterious speedy "recover" from "injury". All sound too familiar I guess. like Dull? huh

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
I don't get it, its the 2nd time someone called luck on that one. Tsonga's 2nd serve was most likely out, + had a shank that ended on the edge of the line during the rally, how is that unlucky?
Wait, what ? Tsonga's serve looked in and the FH you're talking about was not a shank... On the other hand, Cilic's 'dropshot' didn't seem intentional - not to mention it's not a shot he usually hits, his variety is pretty much non-existent.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts