Mens Tennis Forums banner

?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
33,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will Stan Da Friend appear?

Wouldn't surprise me. Especially given Paire's goal is to rise back up in the rankings and Stan just won a 500 and probs could do with some rest.

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
Depends how many beers Benoit bought him at dinner tonight. ;)

·
Premium Member
12,346 Posts
Stanimal won't be afraid to routine this Frenchman.

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
This. What's he doing here?
He's low on tournaments; he didn't play extra tournaments last year. Many players have loads of "noncountable" tournaments on their records, because they played more than the minimum - Stan only has one. And hey, if he's on a roll, he may well be thinking it's a good opportunity to get in more match play near home.

·
Registered
11,858 Posts
Bleh. Hopefully he tanks this.

·
Registered
19,434 Posts
Why is Wawrinka here anyway? And people call Ferrer a vulture

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Love both players but hope Paire takes it he won a future then a CH needs the confidence getting back up the rankings and Wawrinka shouldn't even of bothered turning up here after last week.

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts

·
25,422 Posts
My guess why Stan is still playing here is that he kind of "promised" publicly that he's going to play Rottedam and Marseille. The problem is, he I think never expected to actually win Rotterdam, and kind of is now obligated to play Marseille, or be deemed as a non-comitter which was one of his problems last year withdrawing from the smaller tournaments with different reasons. Personally though if he's "Stan the Friend", he would've withdrawn from here and ignore whatever grievance the tournament would say to him, as long as he helped Paire get the points, but I think he's professional here and would try to do his best.

·
Registered
980 Posts
My guess why Stan is still playing here is that he kind of "promised" publicly that he's going to play Rottedam and Marseille. The problem is, he I think never expected to actually win Rotterdam, and kind of is now obligated to play Marseille, or be deemed as a non-comitter which was one of his problems last year withdrawing from the smaller tournaments with different reasons. Personally though if he's "Stan the Friend", he would've withdrawn from here and ignore whatever grievance the tournament would say to him, as long as he helped Paire get the points, but I think he's professional here and would try to do his best.
ignore my previous post ( although I did vote for Benoit in 3 :angel: ), I think this time Stan will be serious. I had wondered why he choose to play 2 week in a row in steed of take one week off between, as from a normal point of view it would be smarter if he ignore this small even and go for Acapulo or Dubai. But if we take it from a long term view, this kind of schedule will benefit more, if we consider his long term goal is in slams. YES, Play 2 weeks in a row will give his body the feel like playing in slam, in which you have to be ready to play at high level in 14 days. This should be a problem for other players who perform well in other tournaments but underperform in slam, as it requires more physically and mentally. I think Norman knew well enough to advise him this schedule.
After this he will have 2 weeks to rest before those Masters in US, so 2 weeks play then 2 weeks off, you can give your body a test to extend its limit, then also give it a proper time to recover. So there no reason for holding back now, neither friend or foe.

·
Registered
70,519 Posts
paire will bend over for wawrinka, lets hope its after the match and not during. allez benoit

1 - 20 of 26 Posts