Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stefanos will obviously send Vasek back to Canada, but how many games can he win??

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Vasek, hopefully saves humanity here

·
justice for all
15,146 Posts
Stef for the win, please. Time to gain back the momentum he got after the ATP Finals!

·
Registered
16,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stef for the win, please. Time to gain back the momentum he got after the ATP Finals!
please? Of course he wins! Don't thy worry

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I think and hope Popsicle here, a win here would confirm him as a factor on tour. i thought his wins against Goffin and Medvedev were just fluke-ish. Hopefully even if he loses here he can make a good account of himself and grab a set or so.

Its a gut feeling kinda thing. But with the momentum of the Canadian I think he will win. And clearly MTF agrees with 3-1 agreeing with me. Pospisil is at around 2.80 odds, not bad odds. I guess not all bettors follow Vasek as well as we do. I feel this is heading for a tight three setter, but match up wise I definitively feel Vasek has a decent chance, not favourite, but deffo than the odds are indicating

·
Registered
16,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think and hope Popsicle here, a win here would confirm him as a factor on tour. i thought his wins against Goffin and Medvedev were just fluke-ish. Hopefully even if he loses here he can make a good account of himself and grab a set or so.

Its a gut feeling kinda thing. But with the momentum of the Canadian I think he will win. And clearly MTF agrees with 3-1 agreeing with me. Pospisil is at around 2.80 odds, not bad odds. I guess not all bettors follow Vasek as well as we do. I feel this is heading for a tight three setter, but match up wise I definitively feel Vasek has a decent chance, not favourite, but deffo than the odds are indicating
Dafuq? Do you know he already had Medvedev by the balls in Shanghai last year?

"Factor" in what sense? He's beating top 20 players left and right

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Dafuq? Do you know he already had Medvedev by the balls in Shanghai last year?

"Factor" in what sense? He's beating top 20 players left and right
What I'm trying to get at is that I didnt expect him to play at a high level so consistently. Im pleasantly surprised. Last three tournament week he has pretty much confirmed he is close to the form of his life, were he to win here it would take him to the next level. Goffin and Medvedev can be dismissed as "bad form" players. But beating a third top-10 players in as many weeks would confirm him as a top player this year

·
Registered
16,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What I'm trying to get at is that I didnt expect him to play at a high level so consistently. Im pleasantly surprised. Last three tournament week he has pretty much confirmed he is close to the form of his life, were he to win here it would take him to the next level. Goffin and Medvedev can be dismissed as "bad form" players. But beating a third top-10 players in as many weeks would confirm him as a top player this year
Whatever bad form you try to shower them with, it takes a certain level to beat them. They aren't not top 20 level anymore, all of a sudden.

Just not sure what you need further comfirmation on, and as to what it is he has proven to you then (meaning of "factor", being able to beat top 5 players?).

Anyway, I think Pospisil won't win but take a set or get to a tiebreak, which would further support my view of him as a top 20 level player.

·
Registered
13,801 Posts
I don't see any reason Vasek can't win this one. Goffin and Medvedev were ostensibly more difficult matchups for him than Tsitsipas (defenders/counter punchers) and he found a way through those. Tsitsipas' return is much weaker than either one and he may not handle the S&V and net rushes anywhere near as well either.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I'm liking Vasek for the upset here as well. He's in a much better form and playing with a lot of momentum, plus indoors gives him an even bigger advantage. Funny enough Tsitispas is also 2-6 against the top 3 Canadians, so I'm liking Vasek's chances even more haha. Something about playing against the Canadians eh?

·
justice for all
15,146 Posts
I agree it’s a tough matchup for Stefanos. He doesn’t like to play big servers and serve&volley players. To some extent it might be like his AO match vs Raonic. If Pospisil serves well especially to Stef’s BH and approaches early on it the rallies Stef’s ROS on the BH might not be enough to stop him. Hoping Stef can fight this off but we’ll see.

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
21 Tsitsipas

1 - 14 of 14 Posts