• Janowicz in 3

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It would be an interesting match if Jerzy Janowicz wasn't in the shape that he actually is. Jerzy has a chance to stop his losing streak now but Gulbis will be tough. Ernests did a good job in Barcelona an despite the fact that he got nullified from Nishikori in the semis he did look great in the other matches of the tournament. H2H is 3-2 in favour of Gulbis, but the only match that they played on clay was won by Jerzy.

In my opinion Gulbis should take it in 2 sets, maybe 3. But you never know with Ernests.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I think that Gulbis will winner, he is better now than Janowicz.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Gulbis in easy 2

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Gulbis should win without problems. But I am cautious with my prediction as I know very well how Gulbis tends to struggle against big servers. Still - clay court and Janowicz's awful form should be enough to result in an easy win for Gulbis

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Janowitz has beaten Gulbis before and he should again but I doubt it

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Thankfully only one of Fognini, Gulbis and Janowicz will get to R3. I hope it's JJ.

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts
Ernesto has to win this, seriously. It wouldn't be too surprising to see JJ break his horrible streak against him, haha.
But I'll still go with Ernie in 2.

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Neither player has looked that good recently. Janowicz is on a long losing streak and Gulbis looked inept in his match against Nishikori. Both are unpredictable but I will go with Gulbis on this one.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
gulbis in 2...jerzy with domachowska here...no concentration at all...

·
Registered
431 Posts
Not sure if Gull will be motivated enough as his fav tournament is only a week away.
Supposedly he'll be eager to move his team over to Rome as soon as he can.
I am expecting a tank, and tbh that's the only chance for Janowicz of late ;)

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
this should be easy for ernie so he will make it difficult.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts