WWW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Federer will likely face his first significant test on clay tomorrow.

H2H Breakdown:

Overall: 9-4 Federer
Clay: 5-2 Federer

This is their first meeting since Federer's 4 set win at Roland Garros in 2015.

Monfils has played Federer tough throughout the years - what will happen this time around?

Good luck to both and here's hoping we get a good match :)

·
Registered
469 Posts
This is their first meeting since Federer's 4 set win at Roland Garros in 2015.
I was about to call bullshit on that until I looked it up. Why does it feel like they've played numerous times over the last year? I would have put money on them having played as recently as this year.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Quite confident about this. Monfils is a veteran himself, and some of the hotshots he plays against others require greater clutchness against the GOAT.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
If this was slower clay like at Monte Carlo or the French Open, i would confident in Monfils since he has a huge edge in his ground game and in long rallies. But Madrid favors servebotting (seen in Opelka vs Thiem) and short rallies (not real clay court tennis), so Federer will probably take this one.

·
Registered
21,401 Posts
Who would have thought ten years ago that we would be genuinely hyped for a clay match between 37-year-old Federer and 32-year-old Monfils?

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
If Fed loses here he should reconsider playing any more clay tournaments.

Also Monfils has a pretty decent record against him..

·
Registered
28,789 Posts
Always a nice match-up when two creative players meet.
lol. Monfils is only creative when it comes to clowning.

He is, however, hard to hit through. And his serve/pushing game has caused problems for Roger before.

I'll say Fed in 3.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Obviously hoping for Monfils to win this in either 2 or 3, but if Federer manages to vulture another win on clay I hope Monfils makes it a long and drawn out 3 set thriller. The aim is to drain Federer out by making him play long rallies and long sets. Make him run away from clay again... this time forever.

·
Registered
12,632 Posts
Obviously hoping for Monfils to win this in either 2 or 3, but if Federer manages to vulture another win on clay I hope Monfils makes it a long and drawn out 3 set thriller. The aim is to drain Federer out by making him play long rallies and long sets. Make him run away from clay again... this time forever.
lol.. we you got a 2 set thriller - I hardly think that 19 minute first set took much out of Fed. Too bad for your hopes..lol

Maybe the gods might have smiled on you if you'd been a little more sportsmanlike.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts