Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who will win?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This clay rematch is similar to the Davis Cup Semifinal where Gasquet thrashed Berdych 6-3, 6-2, 6-3 in straights. Will Birdman get his revenge or will Gasquet extend his dominance? :devil:

Gasuqet leads H2H 2-1 on clay. Overall H2H is 6-5 in Gasquet's favor.

·
Banned
6,801 Posts
Easily for Berdych. Gaqsuet was tired in Estoril and has problems with back.

·
Registered
5,096 Posts
This clay rematch is similar to the Davis Cup Semifinal where Gasquet thrashed Berdych 6-3, 6-2, 6-3 in straights. Will Birdman get his revenge or will Gasquet extend his dominance? :devil:

Gasuqet leads H2H 2-1 on clay. Overall H2H is 6-5 in Gasquet's favor.
I don't think it's as clear cut. I believe one of those clay matches you refer to included an absolute beating Berdych gave to Gasquet some years back in Monte Carlo or one of the slower surfaces.

Idk what it is about this rivalry because the results are close but their matches rarely ever are. Perhaps it's the contrast of styles that whomever is playing better on the day usually tends to run away with it.

Despite Berdych having such a strong start to the season, I think the one in better form atm is Richard, so I'll go with him, in straights.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
I'm afraid this is where the long held positive h2h comes to an end.
Have some faith. :) I had none of it in Estoril and Richie surprised me. He defeated Ivo nicely too. I have good feeling about this one, Richard in 2. ;)

·
Registered
474 Posts
Gasquet is playing very impressive tennis but I think Berdych still wins. I want to see Gasquet vs Tsonga so let's go Gasquet!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts