Registered
4,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you feel it?

·
Registered
869 Posts
Gasquet is a tragedy for me, he should've achieved more,
with that spectacular backhand I don't know how he fuck up every other dimension of his game. Now Dimitrov is gradually becoming another tragedy for me.

·
|
14,284 Posts
Gasquet is a tragedy for me, he should've achieved more,
with that spectacular backhand I don't know how he fuck up every other dimension of his game. Now Dimitrov is gradually becoming another tragedy for me.
And Dimitrov is even more puzzling, because Dimitrov has shown high-level physicality that Gasquet doesn't have.
That AO semi-final between Dimitrov and Rafa was insanely physical, and Dimitrov looked just as strong as Rafa :armed:

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
I don't have any major expectations for Rogie on clay, so any match wins on clay is a bonus!!

Grass Courts though is a completely different matter... I have major expectations for Rogie on grass courts up to Rogie winning Wimbledon in 2019!!

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
It is a pity Richard Gasquet himself is very rusty, otherwise it could have been interesting given that the two times he beat Roger Federer were both on clay. My prediction is 6-3, 7-5 for the best tennis player of all time.

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
And Dimitrov is even more puzzling, because Dimitrov has shown high-level physicality that Gasquet doesn't have.
That AO semi-final between Dimitrov and Rafa was insanely physical, and Dimitrov looked just as strong as Rafa :armed:
This. Dimitrov's problem is mental than technical. He plays like roddick did at the back end of his career, very defensive. Their games just isnt build for that. If Dimitrov starts projecting himself forward or more aggressive, he would be back to the top 10. Gasquet has technical issues with his forehand, so that plays a part.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Federer- Gasquet on clay in 2019. Just brilliant.

·
Registered
14,493 Posts
Olderer vs Gascoke in 2019? Sounds outdated, if you ask me. Both players should have been retired years ago, at least from this surface where they can't do sh!t.

We all know that Richie was so talented on this coating, but in recent years his movement and his BH were not really as they were in his prime... and he didn't do anything to counter that deficiency.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Olderer vs Gascoke in 2019? Sounds outdated, if you ask me. Both players should have been retired years ago, at least from this surface where they can't do sh!t.

We all know that Richie was so talented on this coating, but in recent years his movement and his BH were not really as they were in his prime... and he didn't do anything to counter that deficiency.
Federer should have retired years ago? Man it’s hard to take djokotards serious these days. I come back to this post when Federer destroys nole in the semis... if he even gets this far

·
Registered
14,493 Posts
Federer should have retired years ago? Man it’s hard to take djokotards serious these days. I come back to this post when Federer destroys nole in the semis... if he even gets this far
I wrote at least from this surface where he is useless, as he will prove it shall he reach quarters or maybe semis.

Obviously on hard or grass his game and serve are good enough to keep up with the youngsters and the 1985-88 gen.

·
Premium Member
8,282 Posts
I wrote at least from this surface where he is useless, as he will prove it shall he reach quarters or maybe semis.

Obviously on hard or grass his game and serve are good enough to keep up with the youngsters and the 1985-88 gen.
How do you come to the conclusion that he is useless on clay? In his last full season on clay in 2015, he reached a masters 1000 final, won a title (albeit a 250) and reached the QF of the French Open, where he lost to a guy who went on to win the tournament beating your guy in the final. Not bad for a player who is “useless” on clay.

There is no doubt that Federer’s chances of winning anything on clay are significantly lower than on grass and hard court. But whether or not he is useless on clay, jury is still out on that.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Another match vs Federer, another opportunity for Mugsquet to bend over. Rogie in 2 easy sets.

·
Registered
263 Posts
It's going to be nice one to watch. Good backhands drill for Federer. I expect some good cross court bh rallies.
Anyway, it will be only 2nd match of the season for Richard. He has no rythm to beat Roger. Swiss maestro on the other hand had his last match not so long ago (final in Miami 5 weeks ago)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts