Votes: 18 42.9%
  • Balkan boy

Votes: 24 57.1%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stan in three hopefully, if he plays like in Monte Carlo he should retire from tennis.

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
Very interesting match. Normally on Stan's racquet, but he'd need to deliver smth more than his usual lately, while Grigor looked like finding his range in the last couple sets against a very good Fognini, so it will be interesting.

If we take their last matches, Dimitrov should have an edge, but with high level players like Stan, you never know, today they play shit, tomorrow gold, so we'll see.

·
Registered
11,766 Posts
Grigor to pick up where he left off last time and the time before that. Grigor in two. :yeah:

NID that ShanksBboy would be the one to open this thread with a dumb poll option for Grigor. His obsession with Grigor grows more unhealthy by the day. :rolleyes:

·
Bring it Home
20,351 Posts
Stan in three hopefully, if he plays like in Monte Carlo he should retire from tennis.
You already entered Ruinsville? Even before the match? :lol:

Dimitrov is a bad matchup for Wawrinka: fellow one handed, but with more versatility and hands.

But clay is the better surface for him to ignore this matchup advantage and dominante with his most powerful game, specially from the backhand side.

Could go either way, 50-50 match if Wawrinka plays well. If he plays like yesterday against Sousa, he will lose easily again.

·
Premium Member
9,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You already entered Ruinsville? Even before the match? :lol:

Dimitrov is a bad matchup for Wawrinka: fellow one handed, but with more versatility and hands.

But clay is the better surface for him to ignore this matchup advantage and dominante with his most powerful game, specially from the backhand side.

Could go either way, 50-50 match if Wawrinka plays well. If he plays like yesterday against Sousa, he will lose easily again.
You clearly didn't saw they're last match :spit::spit:

·
Premium Member
9,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Grigor to pick up where he left off last time and the time before that. Grigor in two. :yeah:

NID that ShanksBboy would be the one to open this thread with a dumb poll option for Grigor. His obsession with Grigor grows more unhealthy by the day. :rolleyes:

Where are you usually when Diva losses, never seen you for days after a lose :superlol::superlol:

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
I didn't watch Stan's second round match so I am not position to comment about his form. As I said before Fognini match Dimitrov's form is very solid, he's really finding some nice range ground strokes lately, first spot serve is kicking. He just scored a very impressive win over Nadullslayer Fog and also manhandled Stan in Mickey Carlo. He should not ask more. Having said that Dimitrov's extraordinary ability to go for down the line shots especially from forehand wing in neutral rallies troubles Stan plus his excellent slice works as rhythm breaker in cross backhand rallies and allows him to open court with forehand. He definitely have some matchup advantage here.

60-40 match for Dimitrov imo if Stan comes all guns blazing otherwise it will routine win for young Bulgarian.

·
Registered
68,103 Posts
diva in 2, wawrinka even struggled vs luckysa, so he doesnt stand a chance here

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Dimitrov didn't do a single thing in MC I have no idea why his fans are gloating about that win :lol:

Anyways Wawa played much better than MC yesterday but was pretty meh in so I'm not sure if he wins this. It's primarily in his hands though.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I didn't watch Stan's second round match so I am not position to comment about his form. As I said before Fognini match Dimitrov's form is very solid, he's really finding some nice range ground strokes lately, first spot serve is kicking. He just scored a very impressive win over Nadullslayer Fog and also manhandled Stan in Mickey Carlo. He should not ask more. Having said that Dimitrov's extraordinary ability to go for down the line shots especially from forehand wing in neutral rallies troubles Stan plus his excellent slice works as rhythm breaker in cross backhand rallies and allows him to open court with forehand. He definitely have some matchup advantage here.

60-40 match for Dimitrov imo if Stan comes all guns blazing otherwise it will routine win for young Bulgarian.
Unfortunately, the FH DTL shot is not clicking lately or at least he refrains from using it.
50 - 50 IMO

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Wawrinka in 3

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
The absolute epitome of tennis losing either way. Hopefully they both simultaneously assault a line judge and get disqualified.

·
Registered
16,671 Posts
The absolute epitome of tennis losing either way. Hopefully they both simultaneously assault a line judge and get disqualified.
Hopefully you will get a ban here soon.

The most stupid and evil-minded poster in the history of MTF. EVER

·
Banned
1,221 Posts
I'm surprised almost none gives Stan at least a little edge, no way this should be a 50-50 thing at this moment in time.

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
I'm surprised almost none gives Stan at least a little edge, no way this should be a 50-50 thing at this moment in time.
i do give Stan a little edge, but how much would you suggest? It's very close to 50-50, mainly coz of Stan's questionable form and their recent match.

You couldn't give too much edge to Stan here either, it's similar to the Fognini situation. One knows that best Fog would be fave against Dimitrov on clay, but you never know when he shows up.

Today he was close to his better tennis and still lost, so maybe we're underestimating Dimitrov?

Bookies have it almost on par, very slim advantage Stan, which is correct imo.

·
Banned
1,221 Posts
i do give Stan a little edge, but how much would you suggest? It's very close to 50-50, mainly coz of Stan's questionable form and their recent match.

You couldn't give too much edge to Stan here either, it's similar to the Fognini situation. One knows that best Fog would be fave against Dimitrov on clay, but you never know when he shows up.

Today he was close to his better tennis and still lost, so maybe we're underestimating Dimitrov?

Bookies have it almost on par, very slim advantage Stan, which is correct imo.
I'd make Stan a 1.65ish shot so 60%ish. Happy to take Stan at 1.95, not gonna complain :)

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
I'd make Stan a 1.65ish shot so 60%ish. Happy to take Stan at 1.95, not gonna complain :)
i'd skip that and go for the sure thing - same price, John Isner :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts