Mens Tennis Forums banner

WWW?

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really curious about this one. Wawrinka seems to slowly getting to a point where he is dangerous to everyone again, his fitness and stanima slowly coming back, although he is still very unclutch.

Unfortunately, Nadal was always a rather bad matchup for Stan, so I think Nadal will take care of the Swiss in two sets, despite his mediocre play. What should give us hope is the 2015 roast in Rome and the first one and a half sets at the AO final 2014, where Wawrinka showed that he can trouble the Spaniard.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Stanimal awakening from its sleep would be awesome for the upcoming RG that, for now, seems like it's gonna be one of the best for in a years in means of participation and form of participants. I am not saying he will win, but he can take a lot of positives from a close set or two, which he is capable of pulling off.

That said, Rafa 6-4 6-4

·
Registered
573 Posts
As others have suggested, Stanimal might not be too far away. However, I think Nadal is also raising his level, and most likely he will take this in two. Against most opponents, the Madrid conditions are far from perfect for Rafa, but against Stan, I think the high bounce work in the Spaniard's favor.

Of course, no matter what conditions, beating Nadal on any type of clay court is a daunting task. The only one left in the draw that has the potential do it here is Thiem, possibly also Djokovic, if the Serb is able to find his peak game that quick.

With that said, I'm eagerly awaiting Stanimal as much as the next guy. Who knows, the signs are there, and he might actually appear in full flight come RG.

·
Registered
472 Posts
The match is on Stan's racquet, but I'm not sure he is up to the task just yet. Nadal has been pretty average this week but getting it done, so if Stan plays his top level he should win, but if not then he will likely lose a pretty close match.

·
justice for all
13,130 Posts
If Stan plays his best game no-one, let alone dull, may stop him.

Of course dull will try to push like crazy but Stan is fully capable of blowing the pusher off the court. He just needs to stay calm and execute his game plan.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I cannot envisage Raffa losing this match. Those who think Stan is going to win are allowing their hearts to rule their heads!

Raffa in 2.
This post worries me on so many levels. Are you sure your head was in charge when posting this? I just "cannot envisage" it.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Of course, a Rafa match thread haunted by Fedtards who show how hateful and pathetic they are.

Could be an interesting match, Rafa will need to up his level and there were good signs in the last match. I think Rafa will win in 3 sets.

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
I haven't seen Stan here so hard to have a precise sense ... but I feel Rafa takes it, maybe in 2
Rafa has been better here than MC--but hard to gauge against middling opponents, he shut down the first two very easily, but I recall he shut down early opponents in MC and Barc too.

He was awful against Fog; but OK against Thiem who was unbeatable that day--except by peak Rafa.

I see he's hitting deeper here, and the shot that signals peak Rafa--the FHDTL redirect--is in good working order.
These are the two key things I watch to tell me how well Rafa is playing ... also they have little to do with the opponent.
Also he seems to be serving better, I think he had 8 aces agaist TIa--that's huge for Rafa.

·
Registered
36,855 Posts
rafa in 2

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
OK MTF geniuses, a full 30% picked Waw. Rafa delivered a total beatdown that took, what? an hour.

I bump this up as another piece of evidence of the chronic underestimation of Rafa on this site.
Meanwhile, the Fradulents talk about Fed being a contender at RG. hahahahahahahahaha\

haha

Federereeshes, suck it up.

You should all watch Wild Wild country on Netflix, a great doc about the Rajneesh cult. You might learn something about how your judgement is seriously impaired. But maybe you never had any judgement to begin with ...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts