?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ferrer should have lost against Ramos in R2 in two sets, if not disgusting robbery by linesman.

Now it's time for the justice. Ernests, for tennis and humanity, please win this.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I have a feeling it will be a three setter of great tennis, no idea about the result though..

·
Registered
57,595 Posts
If Ferrer plays like against Ramos, he'll lose. If like against Isner, he'll win.
I think the result here is pretty dependent on Ferrer's return and Gulbis's serve. If Ferrer can get rallies to neutral, he should win this. If not, Gulbis could just overpower him.

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
If Ferrer plays like against Ramos, he'll lose. If like against Isner, he'll win.
I think the result here is pretty dependent on Ferrer's return and Gulbis's serve. If Ferrer can get rallies to neutral, he should win this. If not, Gulbis could just overpower him.
+1

Ferrer (if playing well) is a terrible matchup for Gulbis. He can return his massive serve deep and leave Gulbis in big trouble.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
hoping for gulbis, but ferrer will win it...

·
Registered
683 Posts
If Ferrer plays well then I think he'll win. His return will neutralise Gulbis's serve and he'll be able to expose his poorer movement in the rallies.

He's hard to predict in 2014 though due to his inconsistency. But playing at home should hopefully bring out the best in him.

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts
The classic scenario is Gulbis choking away the match in 3.
Most likely. Hope Ernie can still take it, it's a such a fantastic draw...

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
despite the withdrawals and early upsets Madrid has been good. R16 had good matches and it looks like quarters will be good too.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Gulbis will get an early break and break Ferrer's spirit. Won't be much of a match. Gulbis in two.

·
Registered
703 Posts
If Ferrer plays well then I think he'll win. His return will neutralise Gulbis's serve and he'll be able to expose his poorer movement in the rallies.

He's hard to predict in 2014 though due to his inconsistency. But playing at home should hopefully bring out the best in him.
Ernests moves very well on clay and he´s better at net than Isner (who isn´t), but he could get moody with crowd against him.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Gulbis obviously has to play aggressive tennis - he can't afford to go into deep rallies too much because he will probably lose most of those. It's not like Ferrer is currently playing great - if Gabashvili could win against him a week ago then there's definitely a chance for Gulbis today. The thing I'm most worried about is the crowd getting under his skin - especially if he starts his ridiculous "no flash" antics again like he did yesterday. Anyways, if Gulbis serves well and plays attacking tennis then this will be close. I still think Ferrer will edge this out in three sets (Gulbis really should have won their latest H2H meeting in Stockholm, where he was a set up and had 2 BPs to serve for the match if I remember correctly - he didn't take those BPs and then had a complete meltdown).

1 - 20 of 29 Posts