Mens Tennis Forums banner

?

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
I expect nadal to tough out a classic 3 setter helped by dimitrov choking which will finally reignite his form again needed to play well again.

In other words like AO 2014.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
This is the same as Anne Frank vs. Hitler; Michael vs. Lucifer, in other worlds, good vs. evil.

Dimitrov is obviously representing the good guys, hopefully he decided to win, cause this is totally on his racquet and Dull already spent time enough in this tournament. Luck has to end!
Excellent news.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Must be nice to "randomly" have all the big hitters conveniently in the other section while you get to play scrubs, patsies, compatriots, and washed up players.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Nice test for Nadal if Dimitrov plays well. Might help him get back to confidence if he gets it. Can be a huge boost for Dimitrov as well if he wins.

Expecting Rafa in 3.

·
Premium Member
14,827 Posts
Nadal in 2. His level seems to be getting better and Dimitrov, while getting in a position to receive the luck, has been the recipient of luck. His level has gotten better as well though. I think Nadal will just be too much.

I'm not the biggest Dimitrov fan, but I don't hate him. This place is going to be insufferable though if Dimitrov beats Nadal. The Dimitrov fans, plus bitter Fedtards all signing his praises. I still can't handle Slade being a Raonic support, this coming from a Raonic fan himself.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Dimitrov in 3 straights 6-4 2-6 7-5.

It will be Close shave with handing lot of opportunities to Nadull but match will be on his racquet so he will win eventually.

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
If Nadal loses to Dimitrov he'll slip to Number 8 in the rankings... possible even 9 if that happens and Ferrer makes the finals.

He'll be aware of that and that'll make him more determined than ever to make sure it doesn't happen.

Nadal in 3.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
MTF at it's best. I've heard the same voices two weeks ago when Nadull crushed his servant Mugro- he's back, pray for death and other bullshit. On the next day he faced a solid opponent and got routined.
I still have Nabull as the overwhelming favourite for RG, but stop this overreaction.

·
Registered
21,283 Posts
Dull 7-5 6-3

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
Grigor will need to start well, which is not easy to do against the one most unique style on tour.

I would have signed up half my credits for a straight sets win, had they played at least once in the last couple months, but now it will be harder.

It's not everyday you need to play a loopy BH DTL, deep enough, coming from a weirdly bouncing ball, high and out. Slicing it will be a challenge as well..

Good thing though - they all know they have to play high on Dimitrov's BH, but when he's in control it's hard to execute, as seen today. Stan took control with his serve and FH in second set and managed to send any unattackable ball to his BH high, which resulted in an attackable one.

But that was in a patch and it couldn't last too much, coz needed impeccable serving all the time.

Rafa is far from his best days, his serve is indeed varied and irregular, but it only takes a few games to figure it out and if Grigor starts serving the way he's been serving all along this week, he'll get more chances on Rafa's serve, than vice-versa.

Dimitrov has been close to beat Rafa on clay before. It was his better technically day, but these were also much better days for Rafa as well.

Now if i have to pick one place on clay where Dimitrov's chances would be better than usual, i'd pick Madrid with no hesitation, the altitude helps his serve and it's a big part of his game.

My call here, mixed with a lot of wishful thinking - blowout for Dimitrov, two straight sets, less sweat than expected, 6-3 7-5.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
If Dimitrov really has his confidence back, this should be a good match and he has a chance of winning it. He has certainly proved in the past, he has the game to trouble Nadal on clay, he just ran out of steam in the end. He just needs to be patient, take his chances when they come and believe in himself.

Grigor in 3. :yeah:

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
If Nadal loses to Dimitrov he'll slip to Number 8 in the rankings... possible even 9 if that happens and Ferrer makes the finals.

He'll be aware of that and that'll make him more determined than ever to make sure it doesn't happen.

Nadal in 3.
Not exactly, because for Nadal to slip to no.8 Ferrer should also make the F at Madrid.

Nadal is no.4 seed at Rome and can fall to no.9 before RG if he loses tommorow and before QF in Rome and Wawrinka makes the final at Rome or Cilic wins it.

http://live-tennis.eu/forecast_atp_ranking

·
Registered
33,357 Posts
If Dimitrov really has his confidence back, this should be a good match and he has a chance of winning it. He has certainly proved in the past, he has the game to trouble Nadal on clay, he just ran out of steam in the end. He just needs to be patient, take his chances when they come and believe in himself.

Grigor in 3. :yeah:
Will you disappear if Dimitrov loses? Or will you finally show up?

1 - 20 of 71 Posts