Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This year's Madrid open will be played online from home. Great to see this brilliant idea from the tournament to bring back the competition and raising money for combating Coronavirus.

Format and details:

Confirmed ATP players so far:
Rafa Nadal, Andy Murray, John Isner, Lucas Pouille.

Will update the draw later.

·
Moderator | PreviewBot
12,988 Posts
From April 27-30 there will be a virtual tournament. Pro's will play online against each other using a computer game.

The line up so far is

Men
Zverev
Schwartzman
Monfils
Fognini
Murray
Goffin
Khachanov
Nadal
Isner
Poulle

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I also made a thread.

·
Registered
11,055 Posts
Nice entry list..
Monfils should be stro at video game 😝😝

·
Registered
12,580 Posts
I'd say Fognini, but with Nadal in the draw, i don't know. The guy is desperate to win, will probably sweat his ass of during computer games. I'm going with Nadal in the end.

·
Moderator | PreviewBot
12,988 Posts
Reactions: IBM

·
Premium Member
12,053 Posts
Dude this game is garbage. I have it on the switch and I wasted my money buying it.

Top Spin 4 is the greatest tennis game ever made and had intuitive controls, brilliant net play and drop shot abilities. I made a faux Federer character on it and I won many online games playing all court. Yes you could cheese the game by going full power. But there was a lot of diversity and it was brilliant.

I got this game thinking it would be the same thing.... It's the farthest thing from Top Spin
4.... The movement is terrible and your character is unresponsive. No one plays the game, actually and playing against medium level AI is not only frustrating but boring.

I attempted to create Del Potro in game and have succeeded, but unfortunately he gets tired after hitting 4 shots.

This is going to be a poop show if they decide to live stream it... I think I should try to enter the tournament and see if they want to give a true talent a chance at the big prize money.

Btw here is the roster. Curious to see if the guys who can will play themselves.

Isner is actually the most op character in the game with his serve stats and a nightmare to play against.

Nadal is in the game btw but as DLC :ROFLMAO:

So Nadal will gave to pay money to play as himself... also Djokovic is not in this game...

Reactions: hammett

·
24,264 Posts
@Kowchi So is Mario Tennis Aces better overall, hehe. It seems to have a bit of strategy, where you could actually grind the opponent down by breaking all their rackets. Not sure about Tennis World Tour but if it isn't as fun then I may prefer they play the other one instead hehe. Also, could do they have the WTA play with them together because...you know, they could actually can compete against the ATP here.

·
Premium Member
12,053 Posts
@Kowchi So is Mario Tennis Aces better overall, hehe. It seems to have a bit of strategy, where you could actually grind the opponent down by breaking all their rackets. Not sure about Tennis World Tour but if it isn't as fun then I may prefer they play the other one instead hehe. Also, could do they have the WTA play with them together because...you know, they could actually can compete against the ATP here.
I would rather play Mario Tennis Aces and even that game is not the best, but Tennis World Tour is basically a 60% version. Of Top Spin 4.

Went from having the most brilliant tennis game to grace the virtual world to having the most buggy, mediocre game to play....

It still doesnt even work half the time... also there is no incentive to go to the net... because your character will completely give up if they get lobbed.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,053 Posts
So I could be one of the last two entrants?

I could have a winning H2h vs. NADAL and enter the GOAT debate??

·
Moderator | PreviewBot
12,988 Posts
Tomorrow OOP

1 - 20 of 49 Posts