Mens Tennis Forums banner

Result?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
21,935 Posts
incredibly this will be the 5th time these 2 have met this year

janko leads the H2H 4-0 and kei has only taken a single set in those 4 meetings

i really hope kei finds a way to win this one though because if janko wins then we all can expect a craptastic final and janko bending over to whoever it is he faces. I'd like some unpredictability in the final

·
ツ
7,561 Posts
I would be shocked in Kei won this and became the highest ranked male Japanese player ever.

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
Hoping for a fifth-time lucky for Kei! :rocker2:

...but at this rate he will be dead tired when he comes to Tokyo. :lol: :unsure:

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
:eek: Tipsy

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Tipsy is in good form lately, so I expect a straight sets win from him. But then, you never know with this fellow, his stamina is often suspect...
Anyways, good luck Nishikori!

·
A happy person
44,896 Posts
tipsy will never win a title because he always plays like some pathetic mug when he reaches a final and gifts his opponents a title
Maybe if Troicki beats Baghdatis, he is weak enough mentally, he would have chance. :secret: I still support for Marcos btw.

·
Registered
21,336 Posts
:cheerleader: Kei for the upset in 3! :cheerleader:

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Maybe if Troicki beats Baghdatis, he is weak enough mentally, he would have chance. :secret: I still support for Marcos btw.
Me too. ;) :hug:

·
Registered
6,325 Posts
tipsy will never win a title because he always plays like some pathetic mug when he reaches a final and gifts his opponents a title
Yeah,especially there were only mugs he had to face in those finals,the likes of Stakhovsky,Seppi..
The muggier it gets the harder it makes for Tipsy to win something:shrug:

·
Registered
29,242 Posts
Janko in 2.

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Sucks that Janko has to face Kei all the time.

Reactions: Nole Rules

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
This is a bad match up for Kei. Janko is like a better version of Kei.
As much as I hate to accept this, every match I've seen between these two so far support your opinion >.<
Everything Kei throws at Janko (even when he pulls off his agressive shots) it comes back with interest...and Janko get the final point at the end.

Not dismissing Kei, but probably a 25% chance...

Reactions: Nole Rules

·
12,691 Posts
As much as I hate to accept this, every match I've seen between these two so far support your opinion >.<
Everything Kei throws at Janko (even when he pulls off his agressive shots) it comes back with interest...and Janko get the final point at the end.

Not dismissing Kei, but probably a 25% chance...
Don't worry, Kei has the time on his side.:yeah: He can improve his game and be a better player than Janko. IMO both are equally talented. The big difference between these two now is that Janko has much more power, serve, experience than Kei. It's very hard for Kei to outhit Janko from the baseline but he can outsmart him and keep up with him by holding his serve and wait for his chance to break.

I really like both players and i really hope Kei can fulfill his potential soon unlike Janko who waited 63408 years to be a top 20 player. At least he finally made it to the top 20 and may get better.

Hoping for a good match.

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Thanks for your comment Kirihara(prince of tennis? :)), I needed a wake up call…
I guess I read too much into it and was caught in the moment which seems a bit gloomy; after all it has been a good week of tennis.

It’s refreshing to put things into perspective.
Tipsy made inroads this year in reaching top 20 and now he's in another final so let’s see what tomorrow holds for him.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts