Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Tommy Paul (USA)

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • Patrik Niklas-Salminen (FIN)

Votes: 6 12.2%

WWW JUNIOR Boys Wimbledon 2015?

7K views 57 replies 25 participants last post by  out_here_grindin 
#1 ·
Down to the quarter final stage, which one of these young men will be triumphant at Wimbledon? :dance:

Taylor Fritz (USA) [1] (ATP #679)
Yunseong Chung (KOR) [11] (ATP #963)

Reilly Opelka (USA) (ATP #1134)
William Blumberg (USA) [10] (ATP Unranked)

Mikael Ymer (SWE) [12] (ATP #786)
Alvaro Lopez San Martin (ESP) (ATP #931)

Tommy Paul (USA) [7] (ATP #453)
Patrik Niklas-Salminen (FIN) (ATP #1624)
Taylor Fritz to continue his charge towards the title? Tommy Paul to go back-to-back at the French Open and Wimbledon? Mikael Ymer, younger brother of Elias? Someone else?

#10 ·
Opelka is the future John Isner, could be dangerous here.

Fritz is one of the very few youngsters that can actually play tennis, hopefully he takes the title :yeah:

#30 ·
Reilly is 6ft 10in according to an interview with him, so 2.08m.
According to profiles, Tommy is 1.85m and Taylor is 1.93m. He makes them look kinda short :lol:
(Height comparison, a recent photo of all three standing together taken at start of May)

#31 ·
Fritz has a likeable game. But rough around the edges but I'm surprised he's not one of the more touted kids. I think he has massive potential. Massive.

Opelka next, Fritz beat him in a clay futures a couple of months back but it should be a close one.

#39 · (Edited)
Fritz has a likeable game. But rough around the edges but I'm surprised he's not one of the more touted kids. I think he has massive potential. Massive.

Opelka next, Fritz beat him in a clay futures a couple of months back but it should be a close one.
I don't see that. I think he's just two powerful for most of the juniors. He out-powers his opponents. But I don't like his movement. I can't see his style working in the pros. I like his BH, tho. Unlike most americans that are great servers, he got a BH. I think if we were in the 90s, maybe. Also, he's from 1997. Not sure why he's still playing the full JRs. tour.

If he was having this success at the age of 16 against guys from '97 and '96, then it would be different. But a powerful senior doing well on the tour doesn't impress me much.

Quinzi, actually had success earlier but he reminds me of Quinzi, a poor's men Quinzi.

We'll see.

#33 ·
Semi line-up:

T.Fritz (USA) [1] vs. R.Opelka (USA)
M.Ymer (SWE) [12] vs. P.Niklas-Salminen (FIN)​

At 2015 Spain F13 Futures on clay, Taylor Fritz beat Reilly Opelka, in R32 7-6(2) 6-4 so with his higher ranking, my guess is Fritz will go on.
At 2014 Abierto Juvenil Mexico on clay, Mikael Ymer beat Patrik Niklas-Salminen in R32 6-3 7-5, so best guess is Ymer to prevail.

Glad to know no matter what at least there's an American in the final. :drink:

#36 ·
Interesting article about Taylor Fritz, his rise over two years to #1 junior and when he'll go pro.

"Two years ago in Florida, he couldn't find an opponent he could beat. Now there aren't many players his age in the world who can beat him." http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/the-tur...tar-american-tennis-has-lacked-142728988.html

This guy sounds grounded and (so-far) likable. His parents also sound like normal good parents, not obsessed with pushing their kid into tennis stardom.

:tennis:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.