Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Haider-Maurer in 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to bookies Coric is favorite in this match 1.50 on Coric 2.50 on H.M. Question is how much tank is left in Coric..if this match goes in 3 H.M is big favorite..Coric needs to take this in 2

GO Bornaa!!!!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Its good that he plays late night, won't be much heat. He is still 18 so he regenerates very quickly, one night of sleep and he is fresh as new.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I don't expect much from Coric in this tournament, i think it's already good he managed to qualify and get 25 points...it's even more than if he reached second round from a wild card or a guaranteed place...he needs time to rest.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't get why people are saying Haider-Maurer has a chance, Coric is clearly winning this. Obviously he must be tired after the three setter versus Fratangelo but the huge distinction in quality will ultimately make the difference. The truth of the matter is that Haider-Maurer will never be more than a challenger level player, even if his current ranking doesn't reflect it.

Now, if this were to be played on clay then MAYBE the facts would slightly change, but Haider-Maurer doesn't have the weapons nor the mental strength to challenge a player with such great potential as Coric on hardcourts, regardless of whatever his current stamina level may be.

It's an interesting match, but in my opinion at the end of it Coric will prevail in 2.

·
Banned
4,868 Posts
We saw Coric playing way more agressive than usual against Troicki. And it really worked in those first 2 sets. It will be interesting to see if Coric will go for broke and try to demolish Haider-Maurer fast. He's got nothing to lose this week imo.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
I don't get why people are saying Haider-Maurer has a chance, Coric is clearly winning this. Obviously he must be tired after the three setter versus Fratangelo but the huge distinction in quality will ultimately make the difference. The truth of the matter is that Haider-Maurer will never be more than a challenger level player, even if his current ranking doesn't reflect it.

Now, if this were to be played on clay then MAYBE the facts would slightly change, but Haider-Maurer doesn't have the weapons nor the mental strength to challenge a player with such great potential as Coric on hardcourts, regardless of whatever his current stamina level may be.

It's an interesting match, but in my opinion at the end of it Coric will prevail in 2.
And Fratangelo isn't? I like Borna but saying this will be an easy match on current form is a bit naive, I think he will grind it out in a close 3. i think he will recover fine from the other day.

·
Registered
11 Posts
And Fratangelo isn't? I like Borna but saying this will be an easy match on current form is a bit naive, I think he will grind it out in a close 3. i think he will recover fine from the other day.
I get why this could be noted as ignorance on my part, especially given the circumstances at hand, but I strongly believe that a player of Borna's caliber cannot afford to lose a match like this. He is a much more improved player than he was at the end of the 2014 season and the kinds of losses like the Martin one back in February will definitely occur less and less.

Sure, a win in three sets isn't entirely out of the question, but I think Borna knows how important it is to close this one out in 2, especially because of how phisically demanding his last two encounters were.

And last but not least, since you mentioned him, I actually think Fratangelo has the potential to be a solid ATP-level player in the future, certainly much better than Haider-Maurer is or will ever be. But I guess time will tell.

·
Registered
70,519 Posts
murray in 3

1 - 11 of 11 Posts