·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A toss up on clay imo.

·
Bring it Home
20,351 Posts
Probably practice session number 3 for Dimitrov.

Bellucci would've been a much tougher matchup I believe.

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
will be interesting.

On paper it looks like a fantastic prospect, but it somehow feels like overperforming this year Pablo will fold easier than he should.

Grigor in 2

·
Registered
68,095 Posts
diva in 2

·
Registered
21,760 Posts
Could be a tough one, Dimitrov needs to play well, if he does, I believe he'll win it in 2. If he's a little bit off, maybe in 3, if he is way more off, then Pablo will win.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Look, Fed is meeting Dimi in the final. There is nobody who can stop this

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Grigor in 3

·
Banned
1,221 Posts

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Dimitrov is a very good tennis player who is just not very good at playing tennis, if that makes sense to you. 1st serve percentage at 75%, and still couldn't hold a single game in the 1st set.

·
Bring it Home
20,351 Posts
:lol:

Clueless as usual.
I still think it is an easier matchup. But not serving at 150 kmh and losing every service game in the 1st set. Can't remember another match he server that bad.

I think Dimitrov thought just like me, that was going to be another practice session (since he easily defeated Curvas in their previous match) and he was caught off guard.

But even playing bad he broke Curvas twice, in normal conditions (Grigor serving well) the 1st set would've been 6-2 for him.

·
Registered
12,675 Posts
I still think it is an easier matchup. But not serving at 150 kmh and losing every service game in the 1st set. Can't remember another match he server that bad.

I think Dimitrov thought just like me, that was going to be another practice session (since he easily defeated Curvas in their previous match) and he was caught off guard.

But even playing bad he broke Curvas twice, in normal conditions (Grigor serving well) the 1st set would've been 6-2 for him.
What normal conditions are these? Because the usual Grigor gets broken a lot. To say the normal Grigor wont lose a game if serving well is a little bit too much.

·
Bring it Home
20,351 Posts
What normal conditions are these? Because the usual Grigor gets broken a lot. To say the normal Grigor wont lose a game if serving well is a little bit too much.
:confused:

I don't know what matches you saw, but apart from some awful matches, he's usually tough to break, at least by players ranked lower than him.

Anyway, I believe the normal conditions aren't serving 74% at an average of 150 kmh, winning 35% of the points on 1st serves, 29% on 2nd serves and saving 1 of 5 break points. And Cuevas isn't even a good returner.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts