Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who will win this first round match in Indian Wells?

• The Don in 2

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Darcis in 2

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • The Don in 3

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Darcis in 3

Votes: 6 23.1%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last season, Donald Young defeated Andy Murray in the second round of this tournament after qualifying and beating Starace in R1. This season hasn't gone too hot for Donald thus far, and now the pressure is on for him to defend his R3 points and back up what he did last season here.

Two favorites of mine; I don't think Steve is a great outdoor HC player. But I also think he's a bad match-up for Don. Not sure how this will go. What do you all think? Vote up!

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Hopefully Steve, I don´t like that phrase, but he should take the trash out.

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
Young may be a big mug, but Darcis is even worse, so I pick the Young in 3.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Darcis will prove tougher opposition than Murray did last year.

I'm going for the upset. I'll let the reader imagine what that might be.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Darcis will prove tougher opposition than Murray did last year.

I'm going for the upset. I'll let the reader imagine what that might be.
Of course.........Darcis in straight sets. Because, come on, he's playing THE DON. Of course Steve is the underdog. It's not like Steve has ever beaten 5% Murray before :angel:

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The winner of this match plays Dolgo in R2 who has one win since the Australian Open and generally struggled since Brisbane, so this is a potentially good opportunity for both. Donald needs to win matches like this if he wants to continue to progress in his career.

·
Registered
12,617 Posts
please give us a Don vs Dolgo match. It's all I want in life right now

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Donald Young is the man to back against with bookmakers thats for sure. Sweeting was evens against him recently and im sure Darcis may be slight outsider also despite his game effort in Delray. Think its a good first round for both but see Steve coming through in 2 competitive sets.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts