Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who will win this first round match in Indian Wells?

• Seppi in 2

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Rochus in 2

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Seppi in 3

• Rochus in 3

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two guys separated by only a few ranking positions, similar level players. Should be an interesting match and it's one of the few matches on a stadium court today that don't feature an American. Olli almost beat Roger here back in '06 and has had a good season overall so far in 2012. Seppi leads the H2H 3-0 and has won on both clay and grass over Olli.

Slower outdoor hard, plus the H2H advantage, should make this a favorable match-up for Seppi so I expect him to win in three sets. What do you all think? Vote up!

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
I want Rochus to win, but Seppi will do this probably in 3.

·
Registered
20,731 Posts
I don't think Oli minds slower hard at all, as long as the opponent isn't getting the ball up high on him - which Seppi won't.

It is kinda hard to see Oli winning the longer rallies though, Seppi doesn't really need to force things much.

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
same here. i would not mind seeing rochus win but seppi has the size advantage. he can overpower the tiny one if he is playing well.

·
Registered
59,026 Posts
Seppi is not the most powerful player in the world... plus Oli's return is best shot and Seppi's serve is horrible. I think Rochus has a shot

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
Andreas, win this match for me! :cheerleader: :rocker2:

A little surprising 3-0 H2H, looks like he knows how to play with little Oli.
Seppi has a relatively good draw, he plays Fish(8) in the second round who has been in mediocre form lately. A beatable 8th seed for sure and then the draw opens quite nicely.
Or maybe I'm a little overoptimistic here. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts