WWW ?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Must-win match for Raonic here.

Raonic is one of the most talented players of this generation. He's got the serve, the groundstrokes etc. Basically, everything.

Kecmanovic, on the other hand, is a weaponless pusher with no attacking game. Him making the semi finals in an ATP 1000 would be horrible for the game.

Raonic in easy 3.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Must-win match for Raonic here.

Raonic is one of the most talented players of this generation. He's got the serve, the groundstrokes etc. Basically, everything.

Kecmanovic, on the other hand, is a weaponless pusher with no attacking game. Him making the semi finals in an ATP 1000 would be horrible for the game.

Raonic in easy 3.
What have I just read?!? :cuckoo:
Raonic one the most talented players who's got basically everything, against the weaponless pusher (teenager btw, in his breakthrough big tournament), to win in EASY 3 in a Bo3 match...
Put down the pipe dude! :grin2:

That said, I think this is where Miomir's run ends. Only not because of OP's reasons. Raonic though far from "having basically everything" still too strong against a kid who's got yet a lot to learn and develop. Gaining experience one at a time... :smile2:

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
Raonic has had the draw from heaven here.
Cupcake doesn't even begin to describe it.

And NO once again, OP about most talented players in tennis history. He's not even under consideration for being one of the more talented tennis players currently playing.

He has a monster serve and without it you wouldn't even know his name.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts

And NO once again, OP about most talented players in tennis history. He's not even under consideration for being one of the more talented tennis players currently playing.

TBF, OP claims Raonic to be the most talented of his generation...
But even if that was true (which is not), being the most talented of the LostGen speaks volumes.

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
Mister, whatever you're smoking, I want some. Raonic is the very definition of "servebot". All other aspects of his game are average at best.

That said, he should win in 2 sets, anything else would be a surprise.

·
Administrator
14,824 Posts
2nd meeting this year (and overall) Raonic won in straights in Brisbane, expect more of the same here.

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
TBF, OP claims Raonic to be the most talented of his generation...
But even if that was true (which is not), being the most talented of the LostGen speaks volumes.
But he isn't the most talented of lost gen either.
Both Nish and Dimi have more talent--Raonic just has a monster serve.

Is that talent? Maybe a bit of talent, but some of it is just height. Both Nish and dimi's games show more flair and ability that Raonic's otherwise.
Milos works very hard and thinks alot. That's different than talent.
"Talented" is a very difficult thing to define anyway, in tennis, but whatever it is, Raonic ain't got it!

·
Registered
10,407 Posts
What have I just read?!? :cuckoo:
Raonic one the most talented players who's got basically everything, against the weaponless pusher (teenager btw, in his breakthrough big tournament), to win in EASY 3 in a Bo3 match...
Put down the pipe dude! :grin2:

That said, I think this is where Miomir's run ends. Only not because of OP's reasons. Raonic though far from "having basically everything" still too strong against a kid who's got yet a lot to learn and develop. Gaining experience one at a time... :smile2:

Mister, whatever you're smoking, I want some. Raonic is the very definition of "servebot". All other aspects of his game are average at best.

You folks are too easy. :lol:

OP has been doing this for quite a while, it's on purpose.

·
Registered
14,085 Posts

His forehand is great 60% of the time

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Milos has been kinda flopping this week but I think he will win this one in straight sets. Would love to see Kecmanovic make a SF tho (also a big fan of Milos)

·
9,928 Posts
LMAO at the trolling of OP

Highly agree RAONIC's draw has been very soft, and his form not very good, he will be in tough today if KECMANOVIC plays as well as he has all week, that being said, Milos is very hard to break, so it will depend on his composure on his own serve to hold each time. Won't be surprised if it comes down to tiebreaks

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
Don't kid yourself, there are plenty of guys with same or similar height (not like 1 inch is going to make a huge difference) whose serves are nowhere near the quality of his, of course it's a huge talent.
All of the monster servers are over 6'4"

I'm talking about the idea of talent, and what separates it from hard work, athletic ability in general, tennis smarts in particular, hand/eye co-ordination etc.

I'm not sure anyone knows, though they call players like Fed more talented than Djok or Nadal;Kyr gets called the most talented of them all (many commies have said this) With Fed and Kyrgious you're talking "hands." Kyr seems so talented because he's a genius one day and an idiot the next 200 days and that would seem to be someone who hasn't maximized talent.
But is it? Is it just an absence of a work ethic? I don't think so.

MY point really is is that it's very difficult to separate talent out from all the other qualities that go into a great tennis player.

And yes, not all guys who are 6''5" can serve like raonic, that's true of course.

·
Registered
13,452 Posts
I do think that where he has the edge on a lot of guys is his tactical superiority, but those who think Raonic isn't talented haven't watched him enough. You don't get to #3 in the world without some level of significant ability. Massive serve for a guy his size (he's only 6'5) and his FH is pretty exceptional.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts