WWW ?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Huge chance for Hurkacz here.

Hurkacz is an attacking shotmaker with a huge talent. I love big guys with big games. Watching 'em play is nothing but joy.

I can easily see him making the top 10 next year.

Hurkacz in easy 3.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Your prediction of Hurkacz in an "easy 3" is incredibly bold, although the guy does seem like a great player, and Federer doesn't always shine as he should. I'll pick Federer in three.

·
Registered
21,394 Posts
I want Fraud to get through to the semis so Rafa can crucify him... real bad.
What has changed since the past five times when Federer beat Nadal that makes you think Nadal is a lock, exactly?

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Because Nadal has been crushing Federer and Djokovic lately when they met? Would they meet it will be 50/50 again. But would Nadal lose to Federer I think he will indeed develope a minor Federer/Djokovic complex.

But once more that old Groove wisdom. Not looking past the next match.

·
Registered
19 Posts
That would be great, but it's tough to believe it'll happen, based on those last 5 losses, and AO final, and Acapulco...

I already have my ticket for Clint Eastwood's The Mule Saturday evening; should I go? If Nadal goes on to win, I'd hate to miss the match, but if he loses, I'll regret not going to see the movie. (IF they get to play in the first place, of course. Federer is pretty much in the semis already, but Nadal is not.)

·
Registered
10,402 Posts
That would be great, but it's tough to believe it'll happen, based on those last 5 losses, and AO final, and Acapulco...

I already have my ticket for Clint Eastwood's The Mule Saturday evening; should I go? If Nadal goes on to win, I'd hate to miss the match, but if he loses, I'll regret not going to see the movie. (IF they get to play in the first place, of course. Federer is pretty much in the semis already, but Nadal is not.)
Come on, this is not Sophie's choice. Since you or somebody else paid for the ticket, you might as well go watch the movie. If Nadal loses, no skin off your back, but if he wins, you get to see Nadal in another final. Plus somebody will be sure to record the match and put it in The Internet, anyway.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Come on, this is not Sophie's choice. Since you or somebody else paid for the ticket, you might as well go watch the movie. If Nadal loses, no skin off your back, but if he wins, you get to see Nadal in another final. Plus somebody will be sure to record the match and put it in The Internet, anyway.
Thanks, man, I think you're 100% right. :smile2: Obviously I dramatize too much.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Huge chance for Hurkacz here.

Hurkacz in easy 3.
Surely you must be joking... or you dislike Roger Federer and are just typing that out of spite?

Odds on Hurkacz are 9.5-10/1. That means a bit less than 10% chance to win this match after you take the bookie's edge into consideration, and it's quite accurate I feel. His "huge chance" is a 1 in 10 shot.

·
Registered
28,788 Posts
Old Man the Barbarian in 2

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
I'm not familiar with Hurk, he looked great against Shap, but Shap imploded, over=-played, was not the same Shap who beat cilic so not sure how much that tells me.
Looked at Hurk's activity for last year and really no big wins over big players.

To me it seems like Fed had the cupcake draw so why should it end here?

I think we will have a Fedal semi.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I'm cautiously optimistic for Fed given that he's at least a little step up from Stefanos who beat Hurkacz twice in the past month.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Nadal is serving better versus mugs. It isn't such a lock that he would serve the same against one of the big 3.
Also, to be honest, Nadal's movement has declined a bit since 2017. At least that is my perception, he seems to get late to the ball in many occasions and to spray and error.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts