Votes: 9 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roger Federer and Dominic Thiem are interesting rivals who always try to show not only high-quality, but also beautiful tennis. The public simply adores when these opponents cross racquets to determine who is the best athlete to date.

Who will win?

·
Registered
10,406 Posts
Roger Federer and Dominic Thiem are interesting rivals who always try to show not only high-quality, but also beautiful tennis. The public simply adores when these opponents cross racquets to determine who is the best athlete to date.

Who will win?
Interesting rivals indeed. :grin2:

Thiem seems a little bit too predictable, hard to see anything but a straight sets win for Federer.

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
Thiem to expose Fed.

Too bad it wasn't Rafa's task=--because without the knee injury he would have mashed Fed into the California dessert--but I will be happy for Domi, he deserves a 1000 at least at this point (AZ has 3, c'mon!).

Fed has only played true nobodies here, and hasn't had a top ten win in about a year, his fan base here get all full of hubris when he beats Tstsi in a 500! Sign of desperation.

I will say Thiem in 2. or 3?

·
Registered
21,278 Posts
Deepens on the level Federer shows up with. If he plays well he wins in comfortable 2 sets

Can’t underestimate Thiem on this pathetically slow ass blue clay showed as ‘HC’ though

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Nadal and his damn knees. We all know Thiem doesn't have what it takes to beat someone like Federer in a masters final. Sadly, he will collect another plate.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Thiem has been impressive and consistent this week. Very surprisingly so. If he plays like he has all week he’ll be by far the toughest opponent Fed has faced.

But he has big swings and Fed will take his time away. Plus Thiem isn’t the strongest mentally.

Federer 7-5, 6-2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
The special one
14,024 Posts
Great to see Thiem back in form again and into a first HC masters final after a bad few months, I hope he manages to pull of the win here, but I think Federer's been much improved himself in the last few months and doesn't have the pressure anymore of whether he wins 100 titles or not since winning Dubai. I think he'll win this in 2.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Fed can't lose to Theim on HC, can he?

Hopefully he gets it done in straights.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Thiem much better than in the recent past, but I doubt that he will be able to beat Federer in a Masters final. Direct duel for the number 4 ranking next week, by the way. And should Federer win, we already have Djokoivc, Federer and Nadal as the top three in the race again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thiem's court positioning will cost him, per ush.

Federer 6-4, 6-3 or something similar.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Fed in 2, gg wp ez mid

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Fed has only played true nobodies here, and hasn't had a top ten win in about a year, his fan base here get all full of hubris when he beats Tstsi in a 500! Sign of desperation.
He beat two top 10 players in December. And Tsitsipas became a top 10 player after Federer's win over him.

But I guess when you move a single ranking place from 11 to 10, you get given some kind of super powers.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Thiem to expose Fed.

Too bad it wasn't Rafa's task=--because without the knee injury he would have mashed Fed into the California dessert--but I will be happy for Domi, he deserves a 1000 at least at this point (AZ has 3, c'mon!).

I will say Thiem in 2. or 3?
I wish Dull withdraws from every match from now on due to knee injury, so Dullturds can forever blah blah about what if xxx.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
That would be a huge surprise if Dominic could win tomorrow but he has absolutely nothing to lose as he was not expected to reach the final after a very bad start of the season.
Federer with a rest day is real advantage considering his age and all the matches he played recently.
Rodger will be super motivated to avenge his lost last year in the final where he had 3 match points, so I guess Federer in two close sets.
Well even if Domi loses tomorrow, it has been an excellent tournament for him and he will get a lot of confidence back before the clay season.

1 - 20 of 122 Posts