• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big chance for both guys here to reach a 500 final

Mayer leads the h2h over Kohlschreiber 2-0 and 5-0 in sets, they've met in Roland Garros 2012 and Kitzbuhel 2013. All sets were really close though

Neither result would bother me here as both have watchable gamestyles with nice groundstrokes but i think i'll support Kohlschreiber as he could trouble Ferrer more in the final

·
23,063 Posts
Interesting that Kohli would have that deficiency against L. Mayer. That being said, Leonardo is in his best career year, while Kohli seems a little up and down this year. Would be interesting to see a German at the Final though but happy either way. I think it would be Mayer in 3.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Mayer in 3

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
kohl in 2

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
it bothers me supremely that kohli hasnt gotten at least 1 500 title to his credit so far. this is his best opportunity for one

the H2H doesnt concern me to much because in recent months kohli has done well against players he struggled with before and hopefully that continues here. (he beat istomin twice and got by sijsling easily)

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
Mayer was great the entire week, fancy him to take the title

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
it bothers me supremely that kohli hasnt gotten at least 1 500 title to his credit so far. this is his best opportunity for one

the H2H doesnt concern me to much because in recent months kohli has done well against players he struggled with before and hopefully that continues here. (he beat istomin twice and got by sijsling easily)
Also he just beat Simon, was 1-5 against him previously.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Should be a good match regardless of the outcome, leaning towards Mayer because he has the heads up advantage on the clay surface plus you can't trust Kohli all that much.

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Like both, but Mayer's game is even better to my eyes and he's been playing awesome clay tennis this season. Leo in 3, hopefully.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts