Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who Would Win?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
23,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which of these fast baseliners would face the big power of either Fed or Karlovic? Both are also vying for important seed positions in Wimbledon I think, with Nishikori being #4 seed if he wins here, while Seppi having a chance to have a seed in general, so this should be good as both have been hitting the ball well. Nishikori is somehow playing much better on net here. Seppi meanwhile is just hitting the ball with good precision and reading returns well.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Nishikori against lower ranked players is very reliable bet lately.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Normally I would go with Kei, possibly in 3 as Seppi loves to take it to the final set no matter what, but Seppi practically had a day off today. The outcome depends on Nishikori's physical condition tomorrow. He was stretching his lower back between points around the end of the match today. Not a very good sign.

But I'll still go with Kei in 3.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Seppi in 3. :angel:

·
Registered
18,097 Posts
It'd take some epic muggery to miss out on a #4 seed due to losing to Seppi, I wouldn't put it past Kei though...

·
Registered
16,671 Posts
It'd take some epic muggery to miss out on a #4 seed due to losing to Seppi, I wouldn't put it past Kei though...
He showed some epic muggery in past months, though I agree he is the downright big favorite in this match(up).

·
Registered
10,617 Posts
Will be cheering for Seppi!

·
Registered
363 Posts
It would be a very tough match for Kei.
I wish he win. But it's very possible he will lose in very close 3 sets.
Kei isn't so good on grass up to now. He need more experience.

·
Administrator
18,621 Posts
Hard to call. Seppi seems to be good sometimes only, and terrible at others :shrug:

Love to see the Seppi-Federer rematch on grass though

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,537 Posts
It would be a very tough match for Kei.
I wish he win. But it's very possible he will lose in very close 3 sets.
Kei isn't so good on grass up to now. He need more experience.
He did play an inspired Janowicz yesterday. I was pretty happy with Kei's performance overall despite it needing 3 sets and a few breaks exchanged. Net play was excellent.

·
Registered
363 Posts
He did play an inspired Janowicz yesterday. I was pretty happy with Kei's performance overall despite it needing 3 sets and a few breaks exchanged. Net play was excellent.
Kei is improving. But he hasn't find the best rhythm and tactics on grass yet. I think he should take more risk and diversify the tactics.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,537 Posts
Kei is improving. But he hasn't find the best rhythm and tactics on grass yet. I think he should take more risk and diversify the tactics.
There's always room from improvement. In fact I'd say his baseline game on grass is still quite fuzzy to some extent, he hasn't quite figured how to make the best of it yet compared to say hard court or clay. For instance, I do not feel he gets as much advantage on the BH or return as much as on other surfaces, but he used the slice and approach very well and more often than I am used to seeing from him. So he's learning how to adapt, slowly but surely.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Seppi will beat Kei and Fed to win the title. Purely a guess, without any grounds. ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts