Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
10,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this the end of the line for the old man?

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
If federer loses to a guy who is 10:15 for the season and only twice won more than 1 match in an event, he might as well withdraw from Wimbledon and focus on Newport...

No seriously he ain’t losing to this mug again. He basically beat himself at the us open. Had 5:4 40:15 in the second set and dumped two easy Volleys into the net... no not happening

·
Registered
6,031 Posts
If it's Fed from Halle 2018 then Milkman in three comfortable sets. The old man gonna have to bring out the creative swiss toolbox for this one.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
And so it begins. Federer's grass journey of 2019. I hope that a month from now it will have ended with two more titles to his name. Chum jetze.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Fed is not going to want to lose this match, he will be right up for it to show that the US Open result was a one off. Big difference between a best of 5 grind fest in heavy humidty and best of 3 on grass in benign conditions. Fed in two complete with some artistry that reminds people that Millman is a hack (as my architecture professor once said "nothing wrong with being a hack, not everyone can be le corbusier and people need kitchen extensions".)

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Federer lost to Milman in USO because he didnt want to meet Djokovic, simple as that. In 2018 he wasn't ready nor focused a lot in tennis.

·
Premium Member
7,104 Posts
Since it's not a slam, I can't see Millman getting motivated enough for this match. While Rogie is high on confidence after he fluked his way to the RG semifinals. And he thrives in this MM tournament.

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Federer lost to Milman in USO because he didnt want to meet Djokovic, simple as that. In 2018 he wasn't ready nor focused a lot in tennis.
What’s up with all those stupid theories lately? Did you actually watch the match or do you just write stuff for the sake of hating on federer? You know he was up 6:3, 5:4, 40:15. I’m sure he lost on purpose from that position to avoid djokovic... :facepalm:

Actually I’d have loved to see a federer djokovic quarterfinal. Maybe he could have stopped him from fluking another cheap slam title. Every match is different

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
[...] I seriosuly won't be affected if Rogie lucks his way to another title here. Because we all know the pressure of defending his slam record will be too much for him at Wimbledon.
But you would be affected if he somehow lucked his way to another Wimbledon title. So you'd better hope you're right. :p

1 - 20 of 24 Posts