Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The young gun or the oldish former top 12 player!
Overall quite the interesting match up.

·
Registered
21,396 Posts
I wonder what Thiem will say about this in his pre-match write-up :lol:

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
dom please destroy him on the court

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
I want to meet the bloke supporting Troicki here and shake their hand.

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
very interesting draw and really hard to call, except that Thiem should be somehow favorite, just by default, but it's really an obscure match to predict.

·
Your visions will happen
47,129 Posts
So they gave him the WC after all, good to see

I'd like to see Troicki's level here, win or lose

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
If Troicki has followed Cilic's example and worked hard on his game while he was away, he could be tricky. If he just spent his time partying then this will be an easy win for Thiem. I suspect the latter is true and Thiem will win this in 2 easy sets.

·
Registered
21,396 Posts

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Viktor´s level probably isn´t good enough at this moment, but if he can beat Thiem than good for him and happy that he got WC after all to this tournament

·
Registered
554 Posts
dom please destroy him on the court

"on the court" sounds just fine and I believe that Thiem will do that as Troicki is completely off form. On the other hand it is difficult to imagine anyone destroying Viktor as he's, I think, 6'4", and weighs about 210 pounds :), and a very nice guy, actually.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
stop it, i was talking about the match obviously

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
If Troicki has followed Cilic's example and worked hard on his game while he was away, he could be tricky. If he just spent his time partying then this will be an easy win for Thiem. I suspect the latter is true and Thiem will win this in 2 easy sets.

·
23,063 Posts
I think logically Thiem wins this 9/10 times on both players' forms but I for some reason just feel weird about Thiem's consistency right now (although seeing that L. Mayer reached the Final in Hamburg maybe it wasn't that big of a loss).

·
Premium Member
21,076 Posts
Troicki was often hitting with Djokovic and following him around, and he should be very eager to make use of any WC before he drops off top 1000, no way is he going to be a pushover.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts