Mens Tennis Forums banner

who wins?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Zinner to shock Zverev

Registered
Worst outcome possible is Sascha in 4 sets. Sinners body is very weak.

Registered

Registered
Can鈥檛 wait to see this one. Hopefully a good showing and an instructive test for Sinner!

I think he can snatch a set here, we鈥檒l see about more ;)

Registered
I hope I am completely wrong, but I can't see Jannik doing something here with this heavy clay conditions. Zverev in 3 or 4 sets

Registered
Sascha in 3

Registered
Sascha's more likely to feel the pressure here, so I'd love to see Jannik being able to take advantage of that.

With these heavy conditions though and Jannik still having issues with his fitness and stamina, I doubt that will happen, and It'll most likely be Sascha who takes this in four.

I really hope I'll be proven wrong though - and if not this year then in the next years to come.

Registered
very surprised to see that so many think Z will win this.. i think Jannik has a good chance here, he has the better mentality
Sinner in 4

Reactions: sheep85 and Spinn69

Registered
very surprised to see that so many think Z will win this.. i think Jannik has a good chance here, he has the better mentality
Sinner in 4
I like your optimism. Many people think Zverev will win because he proved he is now a contender in slams with a SF at the AO at the start of the year and almost a win at the US Open. Also, Sascha is a better clay court player than Jannik.

Registered
Zverev has the better chance against Rafa. Sinner will win max 3 games against Rafa if he were to reach the QF. So I'll root for Zverev for ab interesting QF.

justice for all
Question is: if it goes 4-5 sets will Jannik鈥檚 stamina be an issue?
Zverev is the favourite but if he falters and brings his B game and Jannik鈥檚 stamina will hold he has a chance.
@Budadiii - what鈥檚 your opinion?

Registered
Jannik may not b physically ready to take on an opponent who may b at his physical peak but he may b ahead in the cerebral department. As usual, Bratrev will get more cheap points off his first serve (if it鈥檚 on) than at the baseline so i could see Sinner taking a set off him but if 2 would b even more glorious & confidence for him in the future. Hopefully, JS will play w/ his normal fearless approach w/ nothing to lose & we鈥檒l get to witness the brat imploding.

Registered
Question is: if it goes 4-5 sets will Jannik鈥檚 stamina be an issue?
Zverev is the favourite but if he falters and brings his B game and Jannik鈥檚 stamina will hold he has a chance.
@Budadiii - what鈥檚 your opinion?
I think it depends on the kind of serving day Zverev has. I think its wrong to act as if this match were on Sinner鈥榮 racquet, but if he doesn鈥榯 get detered by a potential big win, I like his chances.

He鈥榮 breezed through the first 3 rounds, I don鈥榯 think he will cramp again.

I鈥榙 lile him to dictate play from the start, but not recklessly.. Show he has the patience to rally out a point also, make his plan less predictable.

Registered
Ok curious about this of course. Sinners court position is interesting especially vs Zverev who is waay back.
Sinner in 4 set. Let's see.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts