WWW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Djokovic leads h2h 11-5 won the last 7 against tsonga, But jo had mps at 2012 RG and also has the crowd behind him. conclusion Djokovic in 4

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
WWW RG R16: [13] Tsonga vs. [2] Djokovic?

Tsonga yet to drop a set whereas Djokovic dropped a set against Cilic.

I'm worried for Nole. I think Jo has looked pretty good at RG whereas Nole dropping sets against Cilic and Raonic (at Rome) hasn't impressed me.

I expect Jo to take a set here, yet Nole is the clear favourite. But let's not forget how Jo had MPs against Nole at RG two years ago. Jo has the tools to trouble Nole. If he brings his best game, then Nole will have lots of work.

I don't know who to cheer for. As long as Nadal is in the draw here, we need Nole to keep the title open. On the other hand, Jo winning is always a win for tennis. And he needs badly points, he's defending SF from last year. If he won here, even final would be possible.

Anyway, my pick: Djokovic in four unnecessarily tight sets.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Re: WWW RG R16: [13] Tsonga vs. [2] Djokovic?

Nole in 3.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts

Djokovic in 3. Or 4 (if he decides to clown around a little).

·
Registered
6,721 Posts

I don't know to be honest. Novak was poor against Cilic and Jo will have the crowd behind him. He could trouble Novak a lot. It's tough for me because Jo is my favourite but then Novak is my second favourite and is the only one who could stop a boring NID Nadal win for me. Not sure who I want to win, just hope for a good match.

Wouldn't surprise me if Jo won. All this while Nadal plays challenger level players haha :)

·
Registered
889 Posts

I think the crowd will be a huge factor in this match, they will help Tsonga lift his game at key times. However if Novak lifts his level and plays anywhere near his best he should win this in 4 or maybe even 3 sets. Cilic's level was very high at times today so Novak got a good test and wake up call.

·
Your visions will happen
47,138 Posts

Djokovic in 4/5.

He won't lose, destiny says he must win RG this year.

·
Banned
2,797 Posts

Jo is no near where he was in 2012. Nole in 3 easy sets.

Not sure who I want to win, just hope for a good match.

Wouldn't surprise me if Jo won. All this while Nadal plays challenger level players haha :)
All these effort wasted in making people believe he's not a fedtard. :rolleyes:

·
23,064 Posts

For some reason I would give a bold prediction of Tsonga in 4 or 5 -- the crowd have been boosting the French players oh so much, that any nervousness from Tsonga might be eased by it. Djokovic has been also been vulnerable from ballbashers lately (see: Raonic, Cilic) and if Tsonga just focuses I just feel that he might be caught off guard.

·
Registered
4,379 Posts

This will likely be Djokovic's biggest test before the final. Expect him to win it, but an inspired Tsonga could upset him.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts

Easy win for Jo, but no doubt he'll tank again to avoid hurting Novak's feelings.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts

Don't get this crowd thing..If it would have helped JO, it would been the case vs. Ferrer last year...Thing is, Tsonga is very streaky and Djokovic will make him play one more ball and will pound that suspect BH all day..Tsonga needs to serve from a tree and Nole to have an off-day to have a chance (ie. a TB here and there)..I think Jo gets hot for a set and Djokovic routine his way to the Quarters..

1 - 20 of 77 Posts