Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not gonna lie, kinda hyped for this match.

Good stage for them to meet at.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts

·
Banned
70,519 Posts
Bautista takes the derby

·
Registered
711 Posts
Very intriguing. Hopefully RBA wins, who is more capable of giving Djokovic a tough match, PCB's default win over Novak notwithstanding.

·
Banned
5,793 Posts
Winner will get Djoko defaulted later on.

Hard to say who will that be, I give some slight edge to Bautista-Agut.

·
Registered
17,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lol, just thought about the possibility of PCB playing Djoker again.. would be pretty funny.

·
Banned
3,274 Posts
RBA never won more than a set in a best of five against Novak. And given Novak's incredible form, I doubt he'd even take a set.

·
Registered
711 Posts
On clay and in a best of five? And with Novak's current form? Nope.
What incredible form? Wins over the invincible Ymer and Berankis? Ok.

Fact remains RBA has played Djokovic at RG twice in the past and both times it went to 4 sets. I never said RBA would beat Novak, only that he is capable of giving him a tougher match compared to PCB, which I'm sure you're more than aware of as a Djokovic fan who saw Djokovic have to rally for his life to avoid losing 3 straight HC matches to RBA.

I don't know, I'm in love with the idea of Djokovic having to actually, work, to make the F. RBA/Tsistipas will provide more of a test than PCB or Berrettini/Rublev. Djokovic is still the overwhelming favorite to make the F, clearly, no one is disputing that.

·
Banned
3,274 Posts
That is why we shouldn't just look at the scoreline. For example, I knew right away Nadal was playing like trash at Rome, even though he destroyed Lajovic and Busta. Why? Because his shots were very attackable against the right opponent and his movement wasn't even great. I was proven right when he got destroyed by Schwartzman. Novak is moving great and is hitting his forehand 83 mph on average and with depth, power and accuracy on all of his shots. He doesn't have any weakness in his game. If he continues this form, he will win his second FO and DCGS.

·
Banned
3,274 Posts
As for RBA, let's see if he even gets past Busta and Berrettini, who he is 1-3 against and 0-2 on clay. But if Agut does make the QF, I don't think he'd take a set this time.

·
Registered
276 Posts
lmao at the guy here talking about Berrettini like he is at Thiem's level at least, overrating him so much.

Also PCB will win imo, something like a tough 4-setter.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts