Mens Tennis Forums banner

WWW: Federer or Davydenko

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
21,935 Posts
i wish davy could win this. It would do wonders for his confidence and it does mean so much more for him to be able to do well here

but if davy's recent encounters against top players are anything to go by roger should take this relatively easily

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Means the 12th career matchup between Rogie and Tsonga (i.e. Madrid 2008 was Rogie-Tsonga I, Canada 2009 was II, AO 2010 was III, and the 8, yes 8, matchups in 2011 were: IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, and XI).

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
Denko

Boris Fed 1997 looked overweight and uninterested, unshaved and hair too long

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
Federer to beat this short clown in 2 sets

·
Banned
95,412 Posts

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Rogie's likely path to the final: Davy, Bubka, Seppi, and Tsonga

Rafa's likely path to the final: Kolhi, Starace, Dr. Youzhny, and Mugfils

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Rogie's likely path to the final: Davy, Bubka, Seppi, and Tsonga

Rafa's likely path to the final: Kolhi, Starace, Dr. Youzhny, and Mugfils
What a draw :rolls:

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Might finally get Rogie vs. Rafa in the F in Doha. 2010 it was derailed by Davy beating Rogie in the SF and he also beat Rafa in the F. 2011 it was again derailed by Davy beating Rafa in the SF, but Rogie beat Davy in the F. In 2012, I'm thinking it finally happens, Davy will NOT derail it 3 years in a row, Rogie over Davy (not sure if 1/2 or 1/3 yet though).

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Tricky first rounds for both Roger and Rafa. But Nadal looked alright in AD, he must find a way to beat Phillip (though I would love Kohli to get one oh him, he has ben close a number of times and the dude has a most magnificent backhand:worship:). As for Federer, this isnt the matchup he wanted in the first round. Maybe a QF against Davydenko would have been a good deal. But the first official match of the year against a player as good as Davy, on the back of drubbings in AD, not the perfect New Year gift for him:( If Fed is rusty, that wont help him against a guy like Davy. But I still expect him to take this in three. He will be a lot more focused here and losing in the first rd and AD after that 17 match streak in the fall will do him no good at all.

After that, his draw becomes a lot easier really, till the SF at least. And if Fed and Tsonga meet again!:eek:

·
Premium Member
20,682 Posts
Guy's been in hiding for months; no one knows which Davydenko will show up :unsure:
I like Davy so I'm unhappy about this draw, but obviously I'm cheering for Roger. He didn't look great in the exo, but hopefully that means zilch.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts