·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not easy to predict, could go either way :confused:

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
I just checked H2H is 5:0 for Gasquet, but they haven´t played few years and never on grass, i think Lopez should win this, his serve is way better and his net game is great, don´t see Gasquet to pass him so easily - i mean most of passing shot from Gasquet would end up being point for Lopez and Gasquet will have at least 1 weaker service game in each set so something like Lopez wins 7-6 6-4

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Deliciano will fight hard here, I don't think he wants to lose a second final in a row BUT Gasquet has been improving lately after his comeback.. I would still like to see Lopez winning here, his playing style on grass is so nice.

·
23,063 Posts
I just can't bank on Lopez for now especially his form has been lesser here than in Queen's Club. That being said, I think his will to win another grass final after a relatively disappointing end on Queen's Club (had an MP) would probably help carry him on. The TB effort against Querrey has shown that he doesn't want to let any ball go past him now IMO.

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
I just checked H2H is 5:0 for Gasquet, but they haven´t played few years and never on grass, i think Lopez should win this, his serve is way better and his net game is great, don´t see Gasquet to pass him so easily - i mean most of passing shot from Gasquet would end up being point for Lopez and Gasquet will have at least 1 weaker service game in each set so something like Lopez wins 7-6 6-4
Grass is without doubt Richie's best surface. He has significantly better volleys AND passing shots than Lopez. I'm not sure I follow your logic. Or rather, I see you viewing one side only.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Grass is without doubt Richie's best surface. He has significantly better volleys AND passing shots than Lopez. I'm not sure I follow your logic. Or rather, I see you viewing one side only.
Those volleys... maybe GAsquet is on similar level i still think Lopez is better volleyer, but definitely your Gasquet has significantly better volleys is joke

About passing shots i wrote that i think most of passing shots - i mean more than 50% will end up point for Lopez - it´s easy Feli goes to the net Gasquet passing shot or lob - 1/3 works for Gasquet, 1/3 wins Lopez with volley or smash and 1/3 will end error from Gasquet in trying to pass him - so that´s my logic and serve difference is huge for Feli

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Gasquet in 3

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
If Lalo manages to duplicate his previous final form, i think he's winning against This Gasquet.

Of course that's a big IF.

Lalo deserves it though, i'll be cheering for him.

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
:haha: too good
What's exactly funny there? Aside from Llodra, not sure who has better volleys than Gasquet on tour right now. You're truly cluless, not just confrontational?

·
Banned
5,616 Posts
What's exactly funny there? Aside from Llodra, not sure who has better volleys than Gasquet on tour right now. You're truly cluless, not just confrontational?
:haha: :haha: :haha: OK, pushsquet may have a good touch, but Lopez has 10x better reflexes, bigger wingspan, so he is much better covers the net, more flexible at net and he 10000x better at punch volleys. Lopez has better volleys than Gasquet, it's not even debatable. :facepalm:

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
:haha: :haha: :haha: OK, pushsquet may have a good touch, but Lopez has 10x better reflexes, bigger wingspan, so he is much better covers the net, more flexible at net and he 10000x better at punch volleys. Lopez has better volleys than Gasquet, it's not even debatable. :facepalm:
:rolleyes: Right.

It's not only touch, it's technique and tranisition game that make Gasquet very natural at the net, and I don't mean just for today's standards. Why do you rate his punch volleys low is anyone's guess. The fact of the matter is Lopez showcases his net game more because, frankly, what else is he going to do, but that itself doesn't make him superior. I don't find him superior at the net overall even to Tsonga, against whom he does win the punch volley battle. But whatever.

Here enjoy, remembered the match where Gasquet showcased his net game and judging by the beginning of the clip there should be plenty.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
deliciano in 2

·
21,308 Posts
Not so sure of this. Gasquet said his pain has gone, so that's great. But his form is still questionable. He hasn't really been tested that much. Klizan is a terrible grass player and Istomin wasn't playing that well. Lopez on the other hand is on an incredible run. He has beaten several good grass players in the past 2 weeks. My pick would be Gasquet in close 3.

don´t see Gasquet to pass him so easily - i mean most of passing shot from Gasquet would end up being point for Lopez and Gasquet will have at least 1 weaker service game in each set so something like Lopez wins 7-6 6-4
About passing shots i wrote that i think most of passing shots - i mean more than 50% will end up point for Lopez - it´s easy Feli goes to the net Gasquet passing shot or lob - 1/3 works for Gasquet, 1/3 wins Lopez with volley or smash and 1/3 will end error from Gasquet in trying to pass him - so that´s my logic and serve difference is huge for Feli
Where are you coming from? When on, Gasquet passes very well. For example, see his match against Karlovic last year.

Grass is without doubt Richie's best surface.
No. That's clay.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts