Mens Tennis Forums banner

WWW?

• Total voters
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dr. Ivo's win would be absolutely huge, it would probably mean that he'll be seeded at Wimby.

May the less choking player win.

Also worth noting that the H2H is 2-1 in favour of Karlovic, who last won in Doha 7-6 6-7 7-6

Of 8 sets that they've played against each other 6 were TBs :lol:

·
Registered
649 Posts
Kohli will win in three sets. He does well against big servers for the most part.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Pleeeeeeaaaaase Ivo, win this!!!!

The Doc being seeded at Wimbledon would be a win for humanity.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Karlovic has the edge h2h against Kohli 2-1, but all these matches were played on hard surfaces. On clay I think Kohli is the clear favorite.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
H2H is irrelevant, because all 3 were played on fast HC, and many tie-breaks which is always lottery. I think Kohli should win this, he should do fine in rallies and his 1st serve he could win similar % like Ivo, at least 1 tie-break we will see, but Kohli can slice, play fast tennis, has variety in his game and even as famous choker still not such big one like Vesely , so i guess Kohli in 3 sets, 2 tie-breaks - 1 for Ivo 1 for Kohli and another set for Kohli with break

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Interestingly despite relatively few titles between the two, both players have won titles on grass, hard, & clay. Karlovic has 5 titles with his first coming on clay (American clay) while Kohlschrieber has 4 titles, 2 on clay but both were home court tourneys in Germany. I think this one's a toss up, although Ivo does tend to do well against little guys b/c they struggle particularly to reach his serve. As long as he keep a 70+ % 1st serve going he'll have a good shot at this.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Kohli should win this. Clay is his best surface and he is decent against big servers...has won a couple of times both against Isner and Roddick at GS even...

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Funny Karlovic / Kohlschreiber exchange on twitter from 2 days ago. Attached picture was comparison of their shoes

"@Kohlscribbler: #Bigfoot #Smallfoot @ivokarlovic pic.twitter.com/xycATzioh9" More like #Bigfoot and #Stinkyfoot
Embedded image permalink
Expand

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
Kohli should be able to break Karlovic serve at some time in the match. I think he'll win in tough 2, probably 1 TB and the other with a single break.

There is no way Karlovic gonna break Kohli, only chance is the German breaking himself.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts