Votes: 16 24.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well...
Fed looking sharp the 1st 2 matches, and Tsonga looking weak.
3rd match, Fed looking weak, Tsonga sharp.

So now? Who?

I love both, whoever wins, please, win the tournament :cool:

·
Your visions will happen
48,513 Posts
I expect both men to raise their games here due to the quality of the opposition on the other side of the net.

Fed in 2 will be the bookie favorite, but Fed in 3 would be a more comfortable prediction.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Who knows... hard one considering their respective forms this week. A coin toss, but I'd say Tsonga....not sure if Fed is willing or motivated to want to win Doha again.

And judging by the scores in their QF matches today, I suppose there's a reason why Fed could lose this.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Federer cant get a lot worse than today on this type of surface, and I think he will play much better tmrw. Hope so at least, he is a terrible player to watch playing (and winning) ugly.

Federer in 3 is my prediction for now, but I wouldnt be surprised if Tsonga nabs this one. He really seemed to want to beat Roger desperately the last time they played and he will catch a less than spectacular Federer in a ATP250 tmrw. Thats a good deal I think. Either way, feel it will be three.

PS: Enough of this matchup already ATP, dare you to put these two in the same half again :eek:

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
These two play for the 4th time in 3 straight tournaments.This has to be a record.If the conditions are windy u have to favour Federer.Tsonga struggled a lot against the likes of Jaziri and Cipolla in the wind.This match could go to 3 sets though just like in London.

·
Registered
20,715 Posts
Fed will have to lose to Tsonga again . Now it's the time Rog . Don't fuck this one and then lose when it will be mattered

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
I think this match is much more important for Tsonga than for Federer. I'll be very interested to see how Tsonga plays tomorrow, I believe it will be an indication of how much of a threat he'll be this year at the slams.

Is Tsonga ready to make a move? If he doesn't win tomorrow, I'll doubt it very much. He'll probably remain in the Top 10, but he won't be a threat for the top guys.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
If Fed doesn't manage to improve his return of serve, he'll end up losing this. I expect/hope for him to be able to do so.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I love tennis. But sometimes it seems like it is the same matches again and again, and unless it is two of the bigwigs (Djokovic, Nadal, Fed), it can come a bit redundant.

That being said ...

Federer in 2.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Federer will be up for this one. He really wants the Aus Open and this is his perfect preparation and really has a mental edge over Tsonga. Fed in 2 or 3.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
At first I thought Feds would lose to Kolya back in the opening round but now he proved me wrong, I say Feds wins in 3.

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Probably, I think that too. But I also think Fed wants to play that match.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts