Ward v Kyrgios

·
Banned
70,522 Posts
well. i think great britain will get into the final if bernie doesnt play here

·
Registered
26,125 Posts
Kokkinakis even got owned by Ward last year. Probably Groth/Hewitt in doubles and Bernie back in singles.

·
Registered
27,279 Posts
The team will be Hewitt and Groth mate.

·
Registered
15,791 Posts
Murray def. Convicts.

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Ward can pull off a win here.

·
Bring it Home
20,487 Posts
I doubt Tomic will play for the aussies this year.

Btw, can GBR select clay? Would be the best choice for them I guess.

·
Registered
12,123 Posts
J.Murray/Inglot v Hewitt/Kokkinakis
this week-end Andy played the double and they were absolutely great.

Honestly if Andy and Jamie play like this week-end, I can't see how the Aussies could beat them, especially how an Aussie pair could beat them in doubles.

I agree with Kateoz that Kyrgios-Kokkinakis might be the best Australian team to win that doubles' tie because as Hewitt's serve seems to be bad from what I heard, it would be too easy for the Murrays. And I don't trust Groth's return either.

Btw, can GBR select clay? Would be the best choice for them I guess.
I'd rather think they will play on a quite slow indoor hardcourt with a quite low bounce.

By the way, as for an hypothetical GB-ARG final, could the Brits play on an indoor grasscourt in the end of november or not ?

·
Registered
26,125 Posts
When I think about the Australian Davis Cup team, I always remember how the Gooch toyed with Federer and Wawrinka in Davis Cup 4 years ago.

·
29,637 Posts
By the way, as for an hypothetical GB-ARG final, could the Brits play on an indoor grasscourt in the end of november or not ?
Potentially. You can bet they'd love to stick Delbonis, Monaco, Leo Mayer etc on a slick, quick green surface.

·
Registered
15,791 Posts
that would be huge, but could they get the grass ready in november ?
no doubt if its the DC final (and v. good chance for first win since 1936) the LTA will be pulling out all the stops, it could be epic.

They managed to get the grass ready in 4 weeks for the Olympics

·
Registered
20 Posts
no doubt if its the DC final (and v. good chance for first win since 1936) the LTA will be pulling out all the stops, it could be epic.

They managed to get the grass ready in 4 weeks for the Olympics
I can't see why they wouldn't play Argentina on grass. If GB progress past Australia they would have two months to get it correct. You would think the grass would be okay considering it is getting rested now.

I think they will play the semi final in Scotland and then if they are to beat Australia they would make Argentina play on grass. None of their players have a grass pedigree barring Juan Martin Del Potro and he wouldn't be fit by then.

If Belgium progressed I think GB would be away.

First and foremost though, we need to beat Australia. Hewitt will be loving this tie. I am not sure we could rely on Andy Murray to play all three ties this time without it having a knock on effect in the singles on the Sunday.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I just don't know if the grass can be in suitable condition in winter, even with the roof and lights. How about the O2, if it can be available?

Murray will already be used to that. So might the lesser Murray, if he has a good end of season.

Of course, we will be knocked out by Oz, so it will be academic.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts