·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
6-1, 6-2, 6-3 or something like that:devil:

·
Registered
8,565 Posts
only hope for monaco is nadal breaking his leg in the 1st set and even then it could go to 5.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
I could see Monaco taking a set given how poor Rafa's confidence is right now.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
This matchup really comes down to who wears the pants in this relationship.

Nadal in 3.

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
We saw what he did to the French team, and that was right after he was mentally and physically destroyed by Djokovic.

Monaco is a good clay courter, but it's going to be 6-0 6-1 6-2 max.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
We saw what he did to the French team, and that was right after he was mentally and physically destroyed by Djokovic.

Monaco is a good clay courter, but it's going to be 6-0 6-1 6-2 max.
Monfils wasnt on the team if I'm not mistaken. Not that it would have made any difference :sad:

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
Monfils wasnt on the team if I'm not mistaken. Not that it would have made any difference :sad:
Correct, Gael would've put up a much better fight than Gasquet/Tsonga. Wouldn't get bageled at least :eek:

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Monaco is the sacrificial lamb, I guess. They're hoping Delpo can beat Ferrer, the doubles team can (and probably will :eek:) beat Lopez/Verdasco and then they'll bring Nalbandian in for the first rubber on Sunday to play Ferrer.

·
A happy person
44,904 Posts
Monaco finished good the year, though he won't win a set tomorrow.

Anyway no matter Nalbandian or Monaco loses tomorrow, the doubles seems better chance so better if Nalbandian won't be tired. :p

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
I am confused why Monaco instead of Nalbandian? maybe Nalbandian still out of shape lately? because of the two, Nalbandian has had more success against Nadal in the past

Reactions: Eden

·
Registered
44,896 Posts
Monaco in 5. 4-6 7-5 6-4 2-6 12-10 in the best match we've ever witnessed...

...then Argentina go on to lose the next 4 matches.

·
Registered
807 Posts
too bad, I already had visions of FitDave's backhand humiliating Nadal's moonballs in front of a packed crowd in Spain... ;)

·
Premium Member
12,570 Posts
Gotta love the comments about Nalbandian at the Olé page. "Gordo choripanero" :lol:

Monaco is the sacrificial lamb, I guess. They're hoping Delpo can beat Ferrer, the doubles team can (and probably will :eek:) beat Lopez/Verdasco and then they'll bring Nalbandian in for the first rubber on Sunday to play Ferrer.
The first rubber on Sunday would be Del Potro-Nadal.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.